Sugar wrote:Time to wake up and smell the coffee, it's this lack of teamwork within the company, especially DO's, that's going to lead you all into driver owned/self employed duties where you have to only care about yourself otherwise you've no chance of completing on time.
So many arguments happen in DO's because walk "A" is hammered and the OPG is at breaking point whilst walks "B, C & D" are walking out of the door an hour before walk "A" has even completed prep and that OPG knows damn well that they'll all be finished and off home an hour or two before them.
Piss poor managerial organisation at its finest and rife in RM.
Totally agree with your post Sugar.

For a large period of my adult employment I worked in Teams that depended on co-operation with all your fellow colleagues. I've never known a Business like ours to encourage such a selfish
"I'm alright Jack" attitude within the work place.
A lot of my colleagues already act like they're Owner/Drivers, only prepping what they consider to be
"Their" Work on
"Their" Duty! Heaven forbid they actually give a New Guy a hand to prep his unfamiliar duty.... They'd rather sit on their frames playing on their phones waiting for their colleagurs to finish throwing off the IPS.
As you say it's down to Bad Mangement, I know we hear a lot about Bullying Managers, but's it's been my experience that most DOMs just want to avoid any kind of confrontation. They go out of their way
NOT to talk to Posties about their behaviour! I'd have thought if they saw Posties sat on their frames doing nothing they'd say,
"Can you go over there and throw off the Households on that duty that's being lapsed"? but they simply turn a blind eye.
I'm sure most of the Bullying comes in when the more Vocal Runners have disappeared out the door early and the DOM needs more Lapsing covered. Then it's time to Lean on the Quieter, more easy going Posties that don't tend to kick off at the slightest thing.

I think we do need change within the Business, but rather than New Products & Services I think sometimes it'd be good idea to start with some Postie's attitudes to work.
