ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Automated Clocking

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by worktotime »

matthew68 wrote:
afcdibby wrote:It's the year 2020. Only dinosaurs would object to this.
Well that’s the full timers who finish 2 hours early every day then
dont tie every full timer with the same brush . im f/t and i dont get a 2 hour flyer.
Last edited by worktotime on 09 Sep 2020, 07:26, edited 1 time in total.
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by HTPostman »

worktotime wrote:
HTPostman wrote:
TheTrolleyMan wrote:
HTPostman wrote:I’ve nothing to hide so I’ve no objection to it. I start on time, finish on time unless I agree to OT.

I do wonder though how it will work - take Saturday for example when everyone is on a flyer. If it’s linked directory to wages/payroll, and you clock out an hour early, will that hour be taken from your pay? Is that what the union (and some of the workforce) are worried about?
Any jobs at yoyr office ? It sounds like Saturday's are a breeze
Finish time is 3pm, most are done by 2.15, there’s only I reckon 10% who actually finish at 3. I bet other offices finish even earlier.
why dont these people go and retry deliver the item they have slipped ? so they finish on time ?
I’ll guess it’s because they just want to get done and go home and at the moment there are no repercussions. Some of them even shoot themselves in the foot because quite often the round isn’t fully prepped, so they could quite easily use that hour when they get back to prep the remaining trays. Instead they go home early and have a busier Monday. The mind boggles but each to their own.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by eastie »

Im fulltime and 60 and dont do lapsing and finish over most days or cut off.
I cant see the logic in coming early and running round with no break
It would stop the ghost overtime by the runners thats for sure
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by Celgar »

In theory I don't have a problem with it and am in favour of it. In practice we need to know if it will mean if we go over duty time will we get paid for all the time we have worked or just what the official duty hours are. Obviously the converse would apply as well as in if a postie finishes thirty minutes before time will they be docked that pay.
If they are going to do the latter then we should be demanding they do the former as well. I don't think anyone can argue that all work completed should not all be paid for. RM need to provide clarification on this and not hide behind all the secret talks b*llsh*t.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Grumpyoldmailman
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by Grumpyoldmailman »

If they give us the hour off the week we are owed and a pay rise from April 2020 to compensate I’m all for it.
1617mel
Posts: 172
Joined: 11 Oct 2017, 15:13
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by 1617mel »

reading this the story goes back to a saturday finnish, they will revise the finnish time on saturdays (revision)and add extra time to the busy days ,so less ot is paid, clocking in and out is the fairest way, it will be one off the monumental changes in the way we work, watch this space..........
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by Newbie001 »

Think RM are in for a fright. Because of PDA actuals, they think they're gonna save a lot of money. They have no idea how much managers cook the books. What with ghosting for their buddy's being paid for with bullying and intimidation of others. Stealing holidays, WTL etc. And most breaks taken at end.
Interesting times ahead.
yubin282
Posts: 994
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by yubin282 »

HTPostman wrote:I’ve nothing to hide so I’ve no objection to it. I start on time, finish on time unless I agree to OT.

I do wonder though how it will work - take Saturday for example when everyone is on a flyer. If it’s linked directory to wages/payroll, and you clock out an hour early, will that hour be taken from your pay? Is that what the union (and some of the workforce) are worried about?
Saturday is usually the worst day of the week
yubin282
Posts: 994
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by yubin282 »

Newbie001 wrote:Think RM are in for a fright. Because of PDA actuals, they think they're gonna save a lot of money. They have no idea how much managers cook the books. What with ghosting for their buddy's being paid for with bullying and intimidation of others. Stealing holidays, WTL etc. And most breaks taken at end.
Interesting times ahead.
Never mind making managers redundant, they'll be sacking half of them.
mjd24
Posts: 1409
Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48

Automated Clocking

Post by mjd24 »

Surely all the early finshers will just slow down and come back bang on their finish time rather than risk getting docked pay?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16710
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Automated Clocking

Post by clashcityrocker »

mjd24 wrote:Surely all the early finishers will just slow down and come back bang on their finish time rather than risk getting docked pay?
It depends on how much they slow down.
The PDA outdoor actuals will be watching them very closely.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Sugar
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 431
Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
Gender: Female

Automated Clocking

Post by Sugar »

It'll be easy to fiddle, I used to do it in previous employment when the rest of the shift went home early and I would clock them all out at the right time.

All that will happen will be duty partners (that's if you're all still on van share but that's another story) will take it in turns to come back to the office and clock each other out and sign PDA's off. I could even see some of the bent managers doing it themselves as a way to fiddle the books and hours by doing it for their favourite overtime buddy's to continue ghosting.

Let's face it the managers in this company are fecking useless at the best of times, they are never going to enforce anything fully that is going to show the bully boy senior managers above how fecking useless they are. Never mind staying back in the office each day to check every single OPG has come back and clocked out themselves.

RM as usual are 50 -100 years too late with this.
TheoF95
Posts: 57
Joined: 20 Jan 2019, 10:07
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by TheoF95 »

mjd24 wrote:Surely all the early finshers will just slow down and come back bang on their finish time rather than risk getting docked pay?
Young and fit posties shouldn't be punished because they can move quicker, the company should encourage the work rate as the threat of getting your pay docked will do exactly that, slow them down which means they will not be available to help out. Same round, same day.. two different posties will finish at different times.. if the walk is worth 8 hours then 8 hours should be paid.
bucks123
Posts: 64
Joined: 20 Mar 2020, 05:35
Gender: Male

Automated Clocking

Post by bucks123 »

Sugar wrote:Never mind staying back in the office each day to check every single OPG has come back and clocked out themselves.
I have taken a photo of this behaviour in our office (manager signing that every one has returned from their duty even though it's only 9am and he does this every day). I am keeping it should that manager ever haul me up for non-adherence to a procedure :whistle
mjd24
Posts: 1409
Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48

Automated Clocking

Post by mjd24 »

TheoF95 wrote:
mjd24 wrote:Surely all the early finshers will just slow down and come back bang on their finish time rather than risk getting docked pay?
Young and fit posties shouldn't be punished because they can move quicker, the company should encourage the work rate as the threat of getting your pay docked will do exactly that, slow them down which means they will not be available to help out. Same round, same day.. two different posties will finish at different times.. if the walk is worth 8 hours then 8 hours should be paid.
I 100% agree with this.