I still get it - £6 per week.Cucumber wrote:I remember the Driving Supplement. It was something like £25-30 a week. People used to actually fight to get onto driving duties for the extra money, so it shows it does work as an incentive.shepherdess wrote:Drivers used to be payed a supplement, bring it back even a small amount would make driving more appealing, drivers definitely are under more pressure
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
van share covid
-
Jefferson Starfish
- Posts: 905
- Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Female
- Location: Greendale DO
van share covid
-
Cucumber
- Posts: 1052
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
- Gender: Female
van share covid
There was definitely a bigger payment than £6. I remember it as we used to take turns on this driving duty and it was a decent incentive.Jefferson Starfish wrote:I still get it - £6 per week.Cucumber wrote:I remember the Driving Supplement. It was something like £25-30 a week. People used to actually fight to get onto driving duties for the extra money, so it shows it does work as an incentive.shepherdess wrote:Drivers used to be payed a supplement, bring it back even a small amount would make driving more appealing, drivers definitely are under more pressure
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
van share covid
If you are on a driving duty you are the driver, and have to do all the driving. It makes no difference if your passenger can drive or not.dohnut wrote:Does anyone else have to partner up with someone who doesnt drive for royalmail but can drive, so you have to do all the driving.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
van share covid
Thats outrageous. Your manager should be shot.Philbag70 wrote:Yup. Exactly that. My 'passenger' finished at 11 today and I still had 2 loops plus parcels. I still finished at 1, so no complaints, but it's not an even playing field at present.
There are offices that are really struggling, people having to take out two days worth, doing overtime they really don't want, and your manager is allowing people to finish 2or 3 hours early.
This makes me sick.
Too f***ing right it isn't a level playing field .
-
wallan
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
- Gender: Male
van share covid
You may find they are trying to Cease all " Grand Farther Rights Allowances "Jefferson Starfish wrote:I still get it - £6 per week.Cucumber wrote:I remember the Driving Supplement. It was something like £25-30 a week. People used to actually fight to get onto driving duties for the extra money, so it shows it does work as an incentive.shepherdess wrote:Drivers used to be payed a supplement, bring it back even a small amount would make driving more appealing, drivers definitely are under more pressure
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
van share covid
Yep I can count on both my hands how often I have finished on time in the last 6 months, I don't mind the overtime but it is taking its toll this job at the moment, hopefully it may get a little easier in the coming weeks as schools are going back, and then obviously will get mental as we approach Christmas.NewPostieUK wrote:Thats outrageous. Your manager should be shot.Philbag70 wrote:Yup. Exactly that. My 'passenger' finished at 11 today and I still had 2 loops plus parcels. I still finished at 1, so no complaints, but it's not an even playing field at present.
There are offices that are really struggling, people having to take out two days worth, doing overtime they really don't want, and your manager is allowing people to finish 2or 3 hours early.
This makes me sick.
Too f***ing right it isn't a level playing field .
-
Jefferson Starfish
- Posts: 905
- Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Female
- Location: Greendale DO
van share covid
Yes, they probably are, but I'm sure I'll cope.wallan wrote:You may find they are trying to Cease all " Grand Farther Rights Allowances "Jefferson Starfish wrote:I still get it - £6 per week.Cucumber wrote:I remember the Driving Supplement. It was something like £25-30 a week. People used to actually fight to get onto driving duties for the extra money, so it shows it does work as an incentive.shepherdess wrote:Drivers used to be payed a supplement, bring it back even a small amount would make driving more appealing, drivers definitely are under more pressure
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
van share covid
They've been 'trying' for yearsJefferson Starfish wrote:Yes, they probably are, but I'm sure I'll cope.wallan wrote:You may find they are trying to Cease all " Grand Farther Rights Allowances "Jefferson Starfish wrote:I still get it - £6 per week.Cucumber wrote:I remember the Driving Supplement. It was something like £25-30 a week. People used to actually fight to get onto driving duties for the extra money, so it shows it does work as an incentive.shepherdess wrote:Drivers used to be payed a supplement, bring it back even a small amount would make driving more appealing, drivers definitely are under more pressure
-
grchpo
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
- Gender: Male
van share covid
I finish on time every day, manager told us no overtime, anything left bring back. Thought it was a countrywide policy, obviously not but i am not going to work for freedohnut wrote:Yep I can count on both my hands how often I have finished on time in the last 6 months, I don't mind the overtime but it is taking its toll this job at the moment, hopefully it may get a little easier in the coming weeks as schools are going back, and then obviously will get mental as we approach Christmas.NewPostieUK wrote:Thats outrageous. Your manager should be shot.Philbag70 wrote:Yup. Exactly that. My 'passenger' finished at 11 today and I still had 2 loops plus parcels. I still finished at 1, so no complaints, but it's not an even playing field at present.
There are offices that are really struggling, people having to take out two days worth, doing overtime they really don't want, and your manager is allowing people to finish 2or 3 hours early.
This makes me sick.
Too f***ing right it isn't a level playing field .
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
van share covid
I agree with you.grchpo wrote:I finish on time every day, manager told us no overtime, anything left bring back. Thought it was a countrywide policy, obviously not but i am not going to work for freedohnut wrote:Yep I can count on both my hands how often I have finished on time in the last 6 months, I don't mind the overtime but it is taking its toll this job at the moment, hopefully it may get a little easier in the coming weeks as schools are going back, and then obviously will get mental as we approach Christmas.NewPostieUK wrote:Thats outrageous. Your manager should be shot.Philbag70 wrote:Yup. Exactly that. My 'passenger' finished at 11 today and I still had 2 loops plus parcels. I still finished at 1, so no complaints, but it's not an even playing field at present.
There are offices that are really struggling, people having to take out two days worth, doing overtime they really don't want, and your manager is allowing people to finish 2or 3 hours early.
This makes me sick.
Too f***ing right it isn't a level playing field .
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
van share covid
Why are they doing ot they dont want.NewPostieUK wrote:Thats outrageous. Your manager should be shot.Philbag70 wrote:Yup. Exactly that. My 'passenger' finished at 11 today and I still had 2 loops plus parcels. I still finished at 1, so no complaints, but it's not an even playing field at present.
There are offices that are really struggling, people having to take out two days worth, doing overtime they really don't want, and your manager is allowing people to finish 2or 3 hours early.
This makes me sick.
Too f***ing right it isn't a level playing field .
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
van share covid
why ? and you can jump in a taxi as well , it doesnt matter if its a personal choice its a fact , so whats the difference ? , i pick my p&l partner up in a morning to get to work , social distancing in our office is a joke , we both handle the mail and parcels and pkts we deliver .Acca Dacca wrote:STOP WITH THE DRIVING LESSON COMPARISONworktotime wrote:i am the driver and my p&l partner doesnt drive , but the way we work together is spot on we use the kit , take our full meal breaks and i can count on 1 hand how many parcels i do out the back of the van as we fill the lwts up with what we can get on it and off we pop , when we have finished our delivery my mate walks home and i take the van back and unload etc and put our o/t down . so whats the issue of working together ? , my problem is why you can sit in a car for at least 1 hour to take a driving lesson with a mask on but you cant share a van for a few mins moving from loop 2 loop or travelling from the office out to start,
Thats personal choice
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
van share covid
The basic driving allowance was £6.Cucumber wrote:There was definitely a bigger payment than £6. I remember it as we used to take turns on this driving duty and it was a decent incentive.Jefferson Starfish wrote:I still get it - £6 per week.Cucumber wrote:I remember the Driving Supplement. It was something like £25-30 a week. People used to actually fight to get onto driving duties for the extra money, so it shows it does work as an incentive.shepherdess wrote:Drivers used to be payed a supplement, bring it back even a small amount would make driving more appealing, drivers definitely are under more pressure
There was an enhanced payment for driving 3.5t high tops and even more for the 600s.
Driving a basic van up to and including the old LDVs/Transits would only attract the sick squid payment.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Kesknight
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 11 Aug 2016, 22:00
- Gender: Male
van share covid
We have shared vans, we just leap frog each other and keep moving the van on. Obviously at the moment we can't travel together, but we try to make it as easy as possible for each other.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
van share covid
3.5t £27.50Woody Guthrie wrote:The basic driving allowance was £6.Cucumber wrote:There was definitely a bigger payment than £6. I remember it as we used to take turns on this driving duty and it was a decent incentive.Jefferson Starfish wrote:I still get it - £6 per week.Cucumber wrote:I remember the Driving Supplement. It was something like £25-30 a week. People used to actually fight to get onto driving duties for the extra money, so it shows it does work as an incentive.shepherdess wrote:Drivers used to be payed a supplement, bring it back even a small amount would make driving more appealing, drivers definitely are under more pressure
There was an enhanced payment for driving 3.5t high tops and even more for the 600s.
Driving a basic van up to and including the old LDVs/Transits would only attract the sick squid payment.
7.5t £33.80 could have been more though.