ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Rommagic
Posts: 1518
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52

Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail

Post by Rommagic »

Interested-seeker wrote:My morale is down. I do the job because I need to pay the bills and there is nothing else I would want to do.

After working through this pandemic with asthma and getting appreciation from some customers, it is a kick in the teeth that 20,000 of us may lose our jobs next year. I am not doing more than my hours now. Also, just fed up with nasty bullies in the office getting away with bad behaviour....
20,000 jobs cut?
HA1
Posts: 75
Joined: 28 Mar 2020, 16:15
Gender: Male

Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail

Post by HA1 »

Rommagic wrote:
Interested-seeker wrote:My morale is down. I do the job because I need to pay the bills and there is nothing else I would want to do.

After working through this pandemic with asthma and getting appreciation from some customers, it is a kick in the teeth that 20,000 of us may lose our jobs next year. I am not doing more than my hours now. Also, just fed up with nasty bullies in the office getting away with bad behaviour....
20,000 jobs cut?
Royal Mail are talking to the regulator at the moment about getting rid of the USO.

IMO letters will be Mon-Fri and only Parcels on Saturdays, which will result in job loses.

Remember the business ran this model for a coupe of months so the plans are there ready to go.
Rommagic
Posts: 1518
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52

Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail

Post by Rommagic »

HA1 wrote:
Rommagic wrote:
Interested-seeker wrote:My morale is down. I do the job because I need to pay the bills and there is nothing else I would want to do.

After working through this pandemic with asthma and getting appreciation from some customers, it is a kick in the teeth that 20,000 of us may lose our jobs next year. I am not doing more than my hours now. Also, just fed up with nasty bullies in the office getting away with bad behaviour....
20,000 jobs cut?
Royal Mail are talking to the regulator at the moment about getting rid of the USO.

IMO letters will be Mon-Fri and only Parcels on Saturdays, which will result in job loses.

Remember the business ran this model for a coupe of months so the plans are there ready to go.

Talks will end?.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12195
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail

Post by SpacePhoenix »

HA1 wrote:
Rommagic wrote:
Interested-seeker wrote:My morale is down. I do the job because I need to pay the bills and there is nothing else I would want to do.

After working through this pandemic with asthma and getting appreciation from some customers, it is a kick in the teeth that 20,000 of us may lose our jobs next year. I am not doing more than my hours now. Also, just fed up with nasty bullies in the office getting away with bad behaviour....
20,000 jobs cut?
Royal Mail are talking to the regulator at the moment about getting rid of the USO.

IMO letters will be Mon-Fri and only Parcels on Saturdays, which will result in job loses.

Remember the business ran this model for a coupe of months so the plans are there ready to go.
Don't think it'll mean that many job loses in MCs, just less casual staff needed. I think that 85-90% of the job loses will sadly be from DOs
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16710
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail

Post by clashcityrocker »

Rommagic wrote:

Talks will end?.
I am beginning to think that in order to minimise the number of VRs, they are dragging the talks out in the hope many of us will die of boredom.
I am nearly there.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12195
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail

Post by SpacePhoenix »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Rommagic wrote:

Talks will end?.
I am beginning to think that in order to minimise the number of VRs, they are dragging the talks out in the hope many of us will die of boredom.
I am nearly there.
..or are they dragging it out until the minimum length of the ballot and then will wack in a load of executive action?
wallan
Posts: 498
Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
Gender: Male

Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail

Post by wallan »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
Rommagic wrote:

Talks will end?.
I am beginning to think that in order to minimise the number of VRs, they are dragging the talks out in the hope many of us will die of boredom.
I am nearly there.
..or are they dragging it out until the minimum length of the ballot and then will wack in a load of executive action?
RM will be looking for a deal before The AGM on the 8th Sept
Rommagic
Posts: 1518
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52

Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail

Post by Rommagic »

No Saturday would be 20,000 job cuts
50 per cent staff in 10,000 job cuts
25 per cent staff in 15,000 job cuts

Would this be right?.
Ralph Wiggum
Posts: 76
Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 15:01
Gender: Male

Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail

Post by Ralph Wiggum »

It will be and end to the 6 day letters USO.

Yes, regretably RM will be looking to 'lose' 1/6th of the workforce.

The selection criteria for this 1/6th is the only thing that is uncertain.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail

Post by greengiant »

Ralph Wiggum wrote:It will be and end to the 6 day letters USO.

Yes, regretably RM will be looking to 'lose' 1/6th of the workforce.

The selection criteria for this 1/6th is the only thing that is uncertain.
Those on (potential) long term sick the first to get shown the door?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16710
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail

Post by clashcityrocker »

SpacePhoenix wrote: ..or are they dragging it out until the minimum length of the ballot and then will wack in a load of executive action?
I was talking about the CWU.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.