20,000 jobs cut?Interested-seeker wrote:My morale is down. I do the job because I need to pay the bills and there is nothing else I would want to do.
After working through this pandemic with asthma and getting appreciation from some customers, it is a kick in the teeth that 20,000 of us may lose our jobs next year. I am not doing more than my hours now. Also, just fed up with nasty bullies in the office getting away with bad behaviour....
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail
-
Rommagic
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52
Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail
-
HA1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 28 Mar 2020, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail
Royal Mail are talking to the regulator at the moment about getting rid of the USO.Rommagic wrote:20,000 jobs cut?Interested-seeker wrote:My morale is down. I do the job because I need to pay the bills and there is nothing else I would want to do.
After working through this pandemic with asthma and getting appreciation from some customers, it is a kick in the teeth that 20,000 of us may lose our jobs next year. I am not doing more than my hours now. Also, just fed up with nasty bullies in the office getting away with bad behaviour....
IMO letters will be Mon-Fri and only Parcels on Saturdays, which will result in job loses.
Remember the business ran this model for a coupe of months so the plans are there ready to go.
-
Rommagic
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52
Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail
HA1 wrote:Royal Mail are talking to the regulator at the moment about getting rid of the USO.Rommagic wrote:20,000 jobs cut?Interested-seeker wrote:My morale is down. I do the job because I need to pay the bills and there is nothing else I would want to do.
After working through this pandemic with asthma and getting appreciation from some customers, it is a kick in the teeth that 20,000 of us may lose our jobs next year. I am not doing more than my hours now. Also, just fed up with nasty bullies in the office getting away with bad behaviour....
IMO letters will be Mon-Fri and only Parcels on Saturdays, which will result in job loses.
Remember the business ran this model for a coupe of months so the plans are there ready to go.
Talks will end?.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail
Don't think it'll mean that many job loses in MCs, just less casual staff needed. I think that 85-90% of the job loses will sadly be from DOsHA1 wrote:Royal Mail are talking to the regulator at the moment about getting rid of the USO.Rommagic wrote:20,000 jobs cut?Interested-seeker wrote:My morale is down. I do the job because I need to pay the bills and there is nothing else I would want to do.
After working through this pandemic with asthma and getting appreciation from some customers, it is a kick in the teeth that 20,000 of us may lose our jobs next year. I am not doing more than my hours now. Also, just fed up with nasty bullies in the office getting away with bad behaviour....
IMO letters will be Mon-Fri and only Parcels on Saturdays, which will result in job loses.
Remember the business ran this model for a coupe of months so the plans are there ready to go.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16710
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail
I am beginning to think that in order to minimise the number of VRs, they are dragging the talks out in the hope many of us will die of boredom.Rommagic wrote:
Talks will end?.
I am nearly there.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail
..or are they dragging it out until the minimum length of the ballot and then will wack in a load of executive action?clashcityrocker wrote:I am beginning to think that in order to minimise the number of VRs, they are dragging the talks out in the hope many of us will die of boredom.Rommagic wrote:
Talks will end?.
I am nearly there.
-
wallan
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
- Gender: Male
Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail
RM will be looking for a deal before The AGM on the 8th SeptSpacePhoenix wrote:..or are they dragging it out until the minimum length of the ballot and then will wack in a load of executive action?clashcityrocker wrote:I am beginning to think that in order to minimise the number of VRs, they are dragging the talks out in the hope many of us will die of boredom.Rommagic wrote:
Talks will end?.
I am nearly there.
-
Rommagic
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52
Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail
No Saturday would be 20,000 job cuts
50 per cent staff in 10,000 job cuts
25 per cent staff in 15,000 job cuts
Would this be right?.
50 per cent staff in 10,000 job cuts
25 per cent staff in 15,000 job cuts
Would this be right?.
-
Ralph Wiggum
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail
It will be and end to the 6 day letters USO.
Yes, regretably RM will be looking to 'lose' 1/6th of the workforce.
The selection criteria for this 1/6th is the only thing that is uncertain.
Yes, regretably RM will be looking to 'lose' 1/6th of the workforce.
The selection criteria for this 1/6th is the only thing that is uncertain.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail
Those on (potential) long term sick the first to get shown the door?Ralph Wiggum wrote:It will be and end to the 6 day letters USO.
Yes, regretably RM will be looking to 'lose' 1/6th of the workforce.
The selection criteria for this 1/6th is the only thing that is uncertain.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16710
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Who still goes the extra mile for Royalmail
I was talking about the CWU.SpacePhoenix wrote: ..or are they dragging it out until the minimum length of the ballot and then will wack in a load of executive action?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.