ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pay rise

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
notts1862
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 132
Joined: 07 Feb 2013, 08:39
Gender: Male

Pay rise

Post by notts1862 »

Not sure if I missed something but I've looked in the forums and can't find anything.
I understand there was a Facebook event on pay rise but I can't find it

So is there a pay deal?
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Pay rise

Post by Janet Brum »

Not yet, the update didn`t said anything concrete: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 69&t=96958" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Pay rise

Post by Celgar »

I think most of us would rather keep our conditions & jobs than accept a bribe dressed up as a small pay rise.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Pay rise

Post by aiden01 »

Celgar wrote:I think most of us would rather keep our conditions & jobs than accept a bribe dressed up as a small pay rise.
We are still due a payrise no bribe needed as both sides promised in there joint statement at .start of july.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Pay rise

Post by k979aaa »

We had a pay rise but the then CEO decided we did not deserve it so we did not get it maybe because he knew he f****d up and would get find for the second class postage increase and we must bear the burden of his ill judged decisions. We can agree all manner of things but if people don't abide by them what good is an agreement or a pay rise that is not a pay rise or a bonus for doing nothing but making others work whilst sitting on ones ass ie Lapsing!
JKSmudge
Posts: 395
Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
Gender: Male

Pay rise

Post by JKSmudge »

Celgar wrote:I think most of us would rather keep our conditions & jobs than accept a bribe dressed up as a small pay rise.
Constantly being treated like s**t by the (mis) management - no those terms & conditions you can keep them - plus I'd like a pay rise !
Kodal
Posts: 59
Joined: 13 Aug 2017, 14:07
Gender: Male

Pay rise

Post by Kodal »

Where is it ????
toonshola
Posts: 917
Joined: 29 Jul 2011, 16:31
Gender: Male

Pay rise

Post by toonshola »

Kodal wrote:Where is it ????
They might as well start negotiating next years pay deal now too because it’s going to be April again by the time they have sorted this years. Absolutely useless from all sides.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16699
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Pay rise

Post by clashcityrocker »

Kodal wrote:Where is it ????
It is in the pipeline.
Unfortunately the pipeline is being redesigned and is currently out of service.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Deadly
Posts: 703
Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
Gender: Male

Pay rise

Post by Deadly »

Yep, it looks like another week is going to pass by with no meaningful update on anything.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Pay rise

Post by Woody Guthrie »

If I were being cynical and of course this has never happened before :left: but I would say they are spinning it out until the backpay is substantial enough to encourage members to accept whatever painful medicine comes along with said pay rise.

Like I said they've never done this before. ;liar
Only dead fish follow the current
wallan
Posts: 498
Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
Gender: Male

Pay rise

Post by wallan »

Woody Guthrie wrote:If I were being cynical and of course this has never happened before :left: but I would say they are spinning it out until the backpay is substantial enough to encourage members to accept whatever painful medicine comes along with said pay rise.

Like I said they've never done this before. ;liar
I would have thought R M would have wanted a deal all " Wrapped Up " before the AGM on Tues 8th Sept
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Pay rise

Post by Woody Guthrie »

wallan wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:If I were being cynical and of course this has never happened before :left: but I would say they are spinning it out until the backpay is substantial enough to encourage members to accept whatever painful medicine comes along with said pay rise.

Like I said they've never done this before. ;liar
I would have thought R M would have wanted a deal all " Wrapped Up " before the AGM on Tues 8th Sept
I'm not sure presenting a deal at the AGM is necessarily a good thing especially if it's costly. Major shareholders don't really pay much attention to operational changes but they do to costs and headline pay increases.

A kind of double edged sword sort of thing?
Only dead fish follow the current