ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Shoes

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
matthew68
Posts: 516
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

Shoes

Post by matthew68 »

Just wanted to know if anyone buys alternative footwear as I am struggling with Royal Mail shoes.I have xtra wide feet and Dom says I can buy my own if proper walking shoes they will contribute money towards buying, I know some are expensive so does anyone have any ones at a reasonable price and last lol . Thanks
scotboyblue
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 42
Joined: 25 Oct 2011, 21:08
Gender: Male

Shoes

Post by scotboyblue »

I always have to buy alternative footwear due to not finding any of Royal Mails footwear suitable. Just bought a pair of Adidas terrex from website. Find them really comfortable and manage to get a discount code from VoucherCodes.co.uk . So ended up with a pair of decent walking shoes that were priced originally at £68 were on sale at £48 then discount ended up £36 including delivery . Have had Reebok Sawcut shoes in the past as well which I found to be comfortable as well . Try to keep price under £40 as it is for work but being comfortable is alway priority.
matthew68
Posts: 516
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

Shoes

Post by matthew68 »

scotboyblue wrote:I always have to buy alternative footwear due to not finding any of Royal Mails footwear suitable. Just bought a pair of Adidas terrex from website. Find them really comfortable and manage to get a discount code from VoucherCodes.co.uk . So ended up with a pair of decent walking shoes that were priced originally at £68 were on sale at £48 then discount ended up £36 including delivery . Have had Reebok Sawcut shoes in the past as well which I found to be comfortable as well . Try to keep price under £40 as it is for work but being comfortable is alway priority.
OK thanks will take a look, do you have to have a doctors note to claim some money back?
scotboyblue
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 42
Joined: 25 Oct 2011, 21:08
Gender: Male

Shoes

Post by scotboyblue »

I’m sure you do have to have a doctors note. I’ve not claimed for a long time so need to renew mines. Not even sure what the payment is now .
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Shoes

Post by aiden01 »

matthew68 wrote:
scotboyblue wrote:I always have to buy alternative footwear due to not finding any of Royal Mails footwear suitable. Just bought a pair of Adidas terrex from website. Find them really comfortable and manage to get a discount code from VoucherCodes.co.uk . So ended up with a pair of decent walking shoes that were priced originally at £68 were on sale at £48 then discount ended up £36 including delivery . Have had Reebok Sawcut shoes in the past as well which I found to be comfortable as well . Try to keep price under £40 as it is for work but being comfortable is alway priority.
OK thanks will take a look, do you have to have a doctors note to claim some money back?
Yes doctor or podiatrist. you can claim up to £34 back.
equalizer20
Posts: 1
Joined: 07 Jun 2019, 19:15
Gender: Male

Shoes

Post by equalizer20 »

I tried Adidas, Nike, Reebok, New Balance and Asics (all of them under 50gbp). I hate Royal Mail shoes (size 12) and Nike seems to be the best for me. I bought one pair for 20GBP in outlet and they were great for me for about 6 months until my girlfriend decided to put them in washing machine. Unfortunately everyone is different and you need to do some testing for yourself, until you will find something that suits you. Good luck
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Shoes

Post by Navalron »

matthew68 wrote:Just wanted to know if anyone buys alternative footwear as I am struggling with Royal Mail shoes.I have xtra wide feet and Dom says I can buy my own if proper walking shoes they will contribute money towards buying, I know some are expensive so does anyone have any ones at a reasonable price and last lol . Thanks


:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Shoes

Post by POSTMAN »

I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.