ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Shoes
-
matthew68
- Posts: 516
- Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
- Gender: Male
Shoes
Just wanted to know if anyone buys alternative footwear as I am struggling with Royal Mail shoes.I have xtra wide feet and Dom says I can buy my own if proper walking shoes they will contribute money towards buying, I know some are expensive so does anyone have any ones at a reasonable price and last lol . Thanks
-
scotboyblue
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 25 Oct 2011, 21:08
- Gender: Male
Shoes
I always have to buy alternative footwear due to not finding any of Royal Mails footwear suitable. Just bought a pair of Adidas terrex from website. Find them really comfortable and manage to get a discount code from VoucherCodes.co.uk . So ended up with a pair of decent walking shoes that were priced originally at £68 were on sale at £48 then discount ended up £36 including delivery . Have had Reebok Sawcut shoes in the past as well which I found to be comfortable as well . Try to keep price under £40 as it is for work but being comfortable is alway priority.
-
matthew68
- Posts: 516
- Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
- Gender: Male
Shoes
OK thanks will take a look, do you have to have a doctors note to claim some money back?scotboyblue wrote:I always have to buy alternative footwear due to not finding any of Royal Mails footwear suitable. Just bought a pair of Adidas terrex from website. Find them really comfortable and manage to get a discount code from VoucherCodes.co.uk . So ended up with a pair of decent walking shoes that were priced originally at £68 were on sale at £48 then discount ended up £36 including delivery . Have had Reebok Sawcut shoes in the past as well which I found to be comfortable as well . Try to keep price under £40 as it is for work but being comfortable is alway priority.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Shoes
Yes doctor or podiatrist. you can claim up to £34 back.matthew68 wrote:OK thanks will take a look, do you have to have a doctors note to claim some money back?scotboyblue wrote:I always have to buy alternative footwear due to not finding any of Royal Mails footwear suitable. Just bought a pair of Adidas terrex from website. Find them really comfortable and manage to get a discount code from VoucherCodes.co.uk . So ended up with a pair of decent walking shoes that were priced originally at £68 were on sale at £48 then discount ended up £36 including delivery . Have had Reebok Sawcut shoes in the past as well which I found to be comfortable as well . Try to keep price under £40 as it is for work but being comfortable is alway priority.
-
equalizer20
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 07 Jun 2019, 19:15
- Gender: Male
Shoes
I tried Adidas, Nike, Reebok, New Balance and Asics (all of them under 50gbp). I hate Royal Mail shoes (size 12) and Nike seems to be the best for me. I bought one pair for 20GBP in outlet and they were great for me for about 6 months until my girlfriend decided to put them in washing machine. Unfortunately everyone is different and you need to do some testing for yourself, until you will find something that suits you. Good luck
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Shoes
matthew68 wrote:Just wanted to know if anyone buys alternative footwear as I am struggling with Royal Mail shoes.I have xtra wide feet and Dom says I can buy my own if proper walking shoes they will contribute money towards buying, I know some are expensive so does anyone have any ones at a reasonable price and last lol . Thanks
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Shoes
Royal Mail Footwear Reimbursement Policy (due to Medical/Health Reasons) and Reimbursement Arrangements for Individuals Covered Under the Equality Act
&
Alternative Footwear Reimbursement Process - Medical/Health Reasons
&
Alternative Footwear Reimbursement Process - Medical/Health Reasons
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.