ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
theelegend701
Posts: 41
Joined: 04 Oct 2016, 13:51
Gender: Male

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

Post by theelegend701 »

I hate the arrogance of full timers about time you all got brought down to earth and live in the real world like the rest of us I can't wait for you scum bags to get punished x
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

Post by postslippete »

2yearpostie wrote:Had it confirmed from a DSM yesterday Royal Mail are not going to return to pre covid methods, Take from that what you will.

Thats good cause prior to covid19 we regularly had lapsing to do. Apparently, there are "revisions" in place instead. I don't know where I heard it from though, it might just be a Chinese whisper??
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
world class male
Posts: 906
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

Post by world class male »

theelegend701 wrote:I hate the arrogance of full timers about time you all got brought down to earth and live in the real world like the rest of us I can't wait for you scum bags to get punished x
that's a bit harsh and offensive and hope admin act on it
being a FT worker i've always expressed the way PT staff are treat and take offence to your comment and really makes me wonder why i usually side with the likes of you!

1 thing i'd always say to a PT'er is that they accepted the role on the hours offered and should cut their cloth accordingly based on their minimum hours, far too many rely/demand on more hours to make ends meet, that's wrong,
i spent 7 years PT and always had enough to pay bills when no overtime available
theelegend701
Posts: 41
Joined: 04 Oct 2016, 13:51
Gender: Male

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

Post by theelegend701 »

Calm down soft lad
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

Post by citypostie »

theelegend701 wrote:I hate the arrogance of full timers about time you all got brought down to earth and live in the real world like the rest of us I can't wait for you scum bags to get punished x
Fair enough and if I have to vote on a deal that makes me Monday to Friday and a load of part timers lose jobs because of it I'll vote in favour without a moment's hesitation x
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3226
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

Post by Acca Dacca »

citypostie wrote:
theelegend701 wrote:I hate the arrogance of full timers about time you all got brought down to earth and live in the real world like the rest of us I can't wait for you scum bags to get punished x
Fair enough and if I have to vote on a deal that makes me Monday to Friday and a load of part timers lose jobs because of it I'll vote in favour without a moment's hesitation x
Dont stoop to his level
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

Post by Cedar_Room »

2yearpostie wrote:Had it confirmed from a DSM yesterday Royal Mail are not going to return to pre covid methods, Take from that what you will.
Enid Blyton’s at it again I see...
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”
Jahpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 318
Joined: 23 Aug 2018, 16:17
Gender: Male

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

Post by Jahpostie »

Acca Dacca wrote:
citypostie wrote:
theelegend701 wrote:I hate the arrogance of full timers about time you all got brought down to earth and live in the real world like the rest of us I can't wait for you scum bags to get punished x
Fair enough and if I have to vote on a deal that makes me Monday to Friday and a load of part timers lose jobs because of it I'll vote in favour without a moment's hesitation x
Dont stoop to his level
Maybe he's sick of the "just get on with it" attitude that us part timers have to listen to while full timers just do their usual.
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

Post by Cedar_Room »

citypostie wrote:
theelegend701 wrote:I hate the arrogance of full timers about time you all got brought down to earth and live in the real world like the rest of us I can't wait for you scum bags to get punished x
Fair enough and if I have to vote on a deal that makes me Monday to Friday and a load of part timers lose jobs because of it I'll vote in favour without a moment's hesitation x
This.
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

Post by Sir Henry »

A LOT of 'designed to be divisive' posts on here recently. Remember that not all the 'just get on with' it posts are F/T > P/T they're mostly just from arseholes of all stripes.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

Post by Woody Guthrie »

"Just get on with it" is really all we can do at the moment because the situation is completely out of our hands.

You could just as easily argue that most of those calling for a return to van share are younger members who don't carry the same level of personal risk that older members do.

Personally I couldn't care less whether others finiish earlier than me or have an easier time of it as long as..

A) Nobody dies or is seriously ill as a result of my personal behaviour or the decisions made by my employer.

B) We still have a job at the end of this.
Only dead fish follow the current
theelegend701
Posts: 41
Joined: 04 Oct 2016, 13:51
Gender: Male

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

Post by theelegend701 »

Best thing would be to bring back van share and make all staff part time x
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

Post by POSTMAN »

theelegend701 wrote:Calm down soft lad
You calm down please.
It is unfortunate that you seem to have a bad experience of full-timers where you work but please be aware it's not like that everywhere.

We are our own worse enemies at times, fighting each other instead of the business.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
theelegend701
Posts: 41
Joined: 04 Oct 2016, 13:51
Gender: Male

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

Post by theelegend701 »

Most full timers and management dump on part timers at my office it's a disgrace
Gasman11
Posts: 272
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 14:07
Gender: Male

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

Post by Gasman11 »

Sir Henry wrote:A LOT of 'designed to be divisive' posts on here recently. Remember that not all the 'just get on with' it posts are F/T > P/T they're mostly just from arseholes of all stripes.
Spot on, whatever the future plans are it will still involve a combined workforce of full and part tine roles, so we all have to get on :Very Happy