ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Good Friday

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Good Friday

Post by POSTMAN »

I have never known anyone on here to post 'oh they are giving me a day off in the same week' which is probably confusing the issue ( it was for me anyway lol) as it seems to be very rare in 'normal circumstances'. On here anyway.

It was always, you get it when you get it and no, no extra payment.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
wazer
Posts: 357
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
Gender: Male

Good Friday

Post by wazer »

Yep my day off is Friday, As it bank hol they said i can have thurdayoff as well,instead claiming hol or payment. Thats fine by me.They then askedif i want to in on overtime Thursday. They just havent got aclue
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Good Friday

Post by robbertwhitton »

robbertwhitton wrote:
casualnowwithangard wrote:My day off lands on Monday apparently not allowed to claim the money or have as extra day annual leave, they are just giving a different day off during the week
Wrong wrong wrong wrong!!! And why are people being told this lie?.
Well we hardly see our so called boss,but happy to be able to have a choice? If not then I stand corrected,I should expect there would be several different interpretations of it that we’re not informed on.
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Good Friday

Post by Dindin »

casualnowwithangard wrote:My day off lands on Monday apparently not allowed to claim the money or have as extra day annual leave, they are just giving a different day off during the week
You're lucky
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

Good Friday

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

Mine falls on Tuesday, so I'll have three days off starting Sunday. :Very Happy

But what's the bet management will beg me to come in on my day off. I'll make 'em grovel first. On their knees. With their mouths open...
iainbr
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Apr 2013, 22:16
Gender: Male

Good Friday

Post by iainbr »

Beancounter wrote:For those of us in Scotland that are working Friday, is it safe to assume it will be a much quieter day than a normal Friday?
Are you sure mate? Wasn't like that for us today!
Jamesfr3man
Posts: 46
Joined: 10 Jun 2019, 20:04
Gender: Male

Good Friday

Post by Jamesfr3man »

Hi all, just a quick question. I'm a part timer on a 25 hour contract, 5 days a week including sundays. This week I was told to take tuesday off which I did and had good friday off and easter sunday off as bank holidays. My question is, am I owed a extra rest day next week? As both friday and sunday were working days acording to my contract and I only had one rest day in the week (tues)? I've spoken to my DOM and acording to him my second rest day was on sunday and easter sunday doesn't count as bank holiday so it was just a normal restday. Am I being shafted out of a rest day next week? :mad