I have never known anyone on here to post 'oh they are giving me a day off in the same week' which is probably confusing the issue ( it was for me anyway lol) as it seems to be very rare in 'normal circumstances'. On here anyway.
It was always, you get it when you get it and no, no extra payment.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Good Friday
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Good Friday
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
wazer
- Posts: 357
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Good Friday
Yep my day off is Friday, As it bank hol they said i can have thurdayoff as well,instead claiming hol or payment. Thats fine by me.They then askedif i want to in on overtime Thursday. They just havent got aclue
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Good Friday
Well we hardly see our so called boss,but happy to be able to have a choice? If not then I stand corrected,I should expect there would be several different interpretations of it that we’re not informed on.robbertwhitton wrote:Wrong wrong wrong wrong!!! And why are people being told this lie?.casualnowwithangard wrote:My day off lands on Monday apparently not allowed to claim the money or have as extra day annual leave, they are just giving a different day off during the week
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Good Friday
You're luckycasualnowwithangard wrote:My day off lands on Monday apparently not allowed to claim the money or have as extra day annual leave, they are just giving a different day off during the week
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Good Friday
Mine falls on Tuesday, so I'll have three days off starting Sunday.
But what's the bet management will beg me to come in on my day off. I'll make 'em grovel first. On their knees. With their mouths open...
But what's the bet management will beg me to come in on my day off. I'll make 'em grovel first. On their knees. With their mouths open...
-
iainbr
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 20 Apr 2013, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Good Friday
Are you sure mate? Wasn't like that for us today!Beancounter wrote:For those of us in Scotland that are working Friday, is it safe to assume it will be a much quieter day than a normal Friday?
-
Jamesfr3man
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 10 Jun 2019, 20:04
- Gender: Male
Good Friday
Hi all, just a quick question. I'm a part timer on a 25 hour contract, 5 days a week including sundays. This week I was told to take tuesday off which I did and had good friday off and easter sunday off as bank holidays. My question is, am I owed a extra rest day next week? As both friday and sunday were working days acording to my contract and I only had one rest day in the week (tues)? I've spoken to my DOM and acording to him my second rest day was on sunday and easter sunday doesn't count as bank holiday so it was just a normal restday. Am I being shafted out of a rest day next week? 