ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lost PDA
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Lost PDA
I keep mine in my coat`s pocket or trousers pocket in the summer. It`s not that bad, I got used.
Never lost one.
Never lost one.
-
afcdibby
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Lost PDA
Am I missing something? That means you went back to depot minus the PDA. When you hand everything in, you are minus a bit of important kit. P.S. I work for Parcelforce and maybe things are different for you guys.p5aul789 wrote:Finished around 4pm yesterday, and was off today. So reported it this morning.HA1 wrote:If I read this right. You left it a day before you reported it why?
-
HA1
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 28 Mar 2020, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Lost PDA
So you must of known you lost it whilst out on delivery then, Did you go back over the ground, did you try to contact the office. Sounds like you did know whilst on delivery and you could of done more to find it. its your second time strange thatafcdibby wrote:Am I missing something? That means you went back to depot minus the PDA. When you hand everything in, you are minus a bit of important kit. P.S. I work for Parcelforce and maybe things are different for you guys.p5aul789 wrote:Finished around 4pm yesterday, and was off today. So reported it this morning.HA1 wrote:If I read this right. You left it a day before you reported it why?
-
minesastella2013
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 08 Nov 2013, 14:51
- Gender: Male
Lost PDA
I was thinking the same, I am on delivery, I would know within 20 minutes of losing it, I'm not sure how that could happen...unless it was right near the end of the delivery, even then,Ihave to scan for my collection box as soon as I get back to the office.afcdibby wrote:Am I missing something? That means you went back to depot minus the PDA. When you hand everything in, you are minus a bit of important kit. P.S. I work for Parcelforce and maybe things are different for you guys.p5aul789 wrote:Finished around 4pm yesterday, and was off today. So reported it this morning.HA1 wrote:If I read this right. You left it a day before you reported it why?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Lost PDA
Is the OP feeling all right he could have had a dizzy spell through the virus he should think long and hard on here about the consequences but people who are ill make bad decisions I hope the OP is OK and can make better decisions in future!
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Lost PDA
As Janet says, I keep mine in my trouser/shorts pocket. Storm jacket pocket if exceptionally rainy.
Don't find it cumbersome, and is a matter of habit to replace back there. Lift/Scan/Sign/Replace.
A couple of times I have placed the PDA on another surface and almost forgot to lift again. Only negative I've found with keeping in pockets is that they wear though quicker!
Don't find it cumbersome, and is a matter of habit to replace back there. Lift/Scan/Sign/Replace.
A couple of times I have placed the PDA on another surface and almost forgot to lift again. Only negative I've found with keeping in pockets is that they wear though quicker!
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Lost PDA
See this old thread (picture there as well):da'bunny wrote:What is this shoulder strap you are all talking about? We dont have them at our office! Sounds like it could actually be usefull!
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=82830" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You can still get them, get your management/DOM support to order them, they have to be ordered against a PDA number I think.
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Lost PDA
This raises the question about the strap that's attached to the back of the PDA. You know, the one with the stylus tied to it? Was your PDA equipped with the strap or did it not have one? I ask this because many posties carry their PDA on their wrist or arm using the attached strap. Others like myself prefer the belt holster and remove the PDA strap and stylus by unclipping it from the battery slot which allows the PDA to fit into the holster easier. The stylus can be carried separately or customers can use their finger, which most don't mind doing. (But not during this COVID-19 crisis of course; we do the signing ourselves at the moment.)p5aul789 wrote:I'll have to find a way to tie it to my wrist.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Lost PDA
Did it have a strap on or not for that is the question for whether it has one on is better for all mankind for is it better with one off and would you admit if you had a strap on?PostmanBitesDog wrote:This raises the question about the strap that's attached to the back of the PDA. You know, the one with the stylus tied to it? Was your PDA equipped with the strap or did it not have one? I ask this because many posties carry their PDA on their wrist or arm using the attached strap. Others like myself prefer the belt holster and remove the PDA strap and stylus by unclipping it from the battery slot which allows the PDA to fit into the holster easier. The stylus can be carried separately or customers can use their finger, which most don't mind doing. (But not during this COVID-19 crisis of course; we do the signing ourselves at the moment.)p5aul789 wrote:I'll have to find a way to tie it to my wrist.
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Lost PDA
Mine comes with a whip. And I cry out, "A PDA! A PDA! My kingdom for a PDA!".k979aaa wrote:Did it have a strap on or not for that is the question for whether it has one on is better for all mankind for is it better with one off and would you admit if you had a strap on?PostmanBitesDog wrote:This raises the question about the strapp5aul789 wrote:I'll have to find a way to tie it to my wrist.
-
max49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 31 Dec 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Female
Lost PDA
Your manager should be able to use the information from the GPS tracking and pinpoint where the PDA stopped moving. Then with that information you can return to that place and see if you can find it. I use the strap from the holster which I thread through the hand strap and then carry it over my shoulder (like a bag). I don't use the holster because it is timecomsuming putting it into the holster, also the device then becomes too wide for my hand to operate it.I hope this helps