ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Public appreciation

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by cpsteve »

grchpo wrote:
???????????????? wrote:
luddite wrote:Most of the people today have wished me all the best and to be careful. They have all been STUNNED that we have not been issued with hand sanitiser and wipes! I given some today by a lady who was genuinely concern for my welfare. Rico? Do you even care?
If you get your facts right soap and water are just as good as hand sinister. Just wash yours hands correctly not hard.

How do you wash your hands when out on a rural route, you have to use sanitizer.
Take some soap water with you. Ive only had a very good response from everyone stay safe postie is the normal but i am an older postie so maybe they worry more about me then a younger postie.
kookoo32
Posts: 187
Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Public appreciation

Post by kookoo32 »

Everyone has been pretty decent this week. Even those who normally look down their noses at you for doing such a menial job :chuckle
max power
Posts: 113
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30

Public appreciation

Post by max power »

I had a nice lady thank me for my efforts and gave me a little bottle of hand gel :Very Happy
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by HTPostman »

I’ve noticed people are being friendly giving us a thank you etc. Still getting the odd few out in their garden coming up to you or opening the door saying ‘I’ll take that off you postie’ mainly the older generation who we are meant to be protecting!
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by Dorset Plodder »

hero22 wrote:Had a woman today bang the window and pointing like a maniac to leave parcel at door. Hopefully she cant lip read or I might be in bother on Monday lol


I bet she had her Fleece Pulled up over her nose as well? :left: I don't think some people actually realise that we actually might have been given some guidance about Social Distancing .... I have to keep telling Old Buggers to stop walking down the garden path to collect the mail FFS! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Tinoblade wrote:
Can't imagine how hard it must be on a rural. I normally have plenty of opportunities to use a toilet and wash my hands. But now all the places I had before are closed due to the virus. I nearly s**t myself today
Actually it's not that hard really TB. Just put a small plastic Bowl ... Bar of Soap.... Towel ... and a Container of Water in the back of your Van. Might have been a problem when we used to be on Bikes but if you've got a van it's not a problem. :thumbup

I keep telling people at work, "You're Responsible for your Own Health & Wellbeing, don't expect anyone else to run around after you" It's not hard really. Glad you made it back to the Office OK! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
sorefeet17
Posts: 299
Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by sorefeet17 »

All of them will have forgotten by Christmas, and will avoid you like the plague (the old one, not CV19 )
DGH
Posts: 710
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
Gender: Male
Location: Neither here nor there

Public appreciation

Post by DGH »

A normally extremely grumpy and grumbling woman came out her house today after I'd posted her mail and thanked me profusely. Which was nice.
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by Tinoblade »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
Tinoblade wrote:
Can't imagine how hard it must be on a rural. I normally have plenty of opportunities to use a toilet and wash my hands. But now all the places I had before are closed due to the virus. I nearly s**t myself today
Actually it's not that hard really TB. Just put a small plastic Bowl ... Bar of Soap.... Towel ... and a Container of Water in the back of your Van. Might have been a problem when we used to be on Bikes but if you've got a van it's not a problem. :thumbup

I keep telling people at work, "You're Responsible for your Own Health & Wellbeing, don't expect anyone else to run around after you" It's not hard really. Glad you made it back to the Office OK! :cuppa
Fair enoigh. Makes sense. Might bring one round just incase I need an emergency dump too
mags999
Posts: 372
Joined: 25 Jun 2016, 11:05
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by mags999 »

yes plenty of appreciation but plenty of looks and words as if we are lambs to the slaughter :sad:
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Tinoblade wrote:
Fair enoigh. Makes sense. Might bring one round just incase I need an emergency dump too
You may laugh TB but one of our lads did just that. :shock: He had a dose of the runs and was worried he might get caught out in the middle of nowhere. He took a plastic Bucket and Bog Roll... Just in Case .....Luckily he didn't need it. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
lhb
Posts: 19
Joined: 17 Oct 2008, 18:20
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by lhb »

wacko74 wrote:When I pulled into the long driveway of a big houses the other day a woman ran out of the house swept her kid up into her arms ran back inside and shut the door behind her... I didn't take it personally, I'm sure she appreciates the efforts we're going to really!
I saw some advise from Royal Mail recently, which explained the new delivery procedures. I also said not to approach you post person, and to retreat inside if you see them coming to you.

So this lady had either read the advise (not, likely), or was just pig ignorant.

Keep safe out there folk. Unlike Royal Mail, who couldn't give a t**s, I really feel for you.
Marshamp11
Posts: 437
Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by Marshamp11 »

Customer who cares.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hero22
Posts: 595
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by hero22 »

Marshamp11 wrote:Customer who cares.

:Applause
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

Public appreciation

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

Thank You For The Eggs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.