Take some soap water with you. Ive only had a very good response from everyone stay safe postie is the normal but i am an older postie so maybe they worry more about me then a younger postie.grchpo wrote:???????????????? wrote:If you get your facts right soap and water are just as good as hand sinister. Just wash yours hands correctly not hard.luddite wrote:Most of the people today have wished me all the best and to be careful. They have all been STUNNED that we have not been issued with hand sanitiser and wipes! I given some today by a lady who was genuinely concern for my welfare. Rico? Do you even care?
How do you wash your hands when out on a rural route, you have to use sanitizer.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Public appreciation
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
-
kookoo32
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
Public appreciation
Everyone has been pretty decent this week. Even those who normally look down their noses at you for doing such a menial job 
-
max power
- Posts: 113
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30
Public appreciation
I had a nice lady thank me for my efforts and gave me a little bottle of hand gel 
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
I’ve noticed people are being friendly giving us a thank you etc. Still getting the odd few out in their garden coming up to you or opening the door saying ‘I’ll take that off you postie’ mainly the older generation who we are meant to be protecting!
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
hero22 wrote:Had a woman today bang the window and pointing like a maniac to leave parcel at door. Hopefully she cant lip read or I might be in bother on Monday lol
I bet she had her Fleece Pulled up over her nose as well?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
Actually it's not that hard really TB. Just put a small plastic Bowl ... Bar of Soap.... Towel ... and a Container of Water in the back of your Van. Might have been a problem when we used to be on Bikes but if you've got a van it's not a problem.Tinoblade wrote:
Can't imagine how hard it must be on a rural. I normally have plenty of opportunities to use a toilet and wash my hands. But now all the places I had before are closed due to the virus. I nearly s**t myself today
I keep telling people at work, "You're Responsible for your Own Health & Wellbeing, don't expect anyone else to run around after you" It's not hard really. Glad you made it back to the Office OK!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
sorefeet17
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
All of them will have forgotten by Christmas, and will avoid you like the plague (the old one, not CV19 )
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
Public appreciation
A normally extremely grumpy and grumbling woman came out her house today after I'd posted her mail and thanked me profusely. Which was nice.
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
Fair enoigh. Makes sense. Might bring one round just incase I need an emergency dump tooDorset Plodder wrote:Actually it's not that hard really TB. Just put a small plastic Bowl ... Bar of Soap.... Towel ... and a Container of Water in the back of your Van. Might have been a problem when we used to be on Bikes but if you've got a van it's not a problem.Tinoblade wrote:
Can't imagine how hard it must be on a rural. I normally have plenty of opportunities to use a toilet and wash my hands. But now all the places I had before are closed due to the virus. I nearly s**t myself today
I keep telling people at work, "You're Responsible for your Own Health & Wellbeing, don't expect anyone else to run around after you" It's not hard really. Glad you made it back to the Office OK!
-
mags999
- Posts: 372
- Joined: 25 Jun 2016, 11:05
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
yes plenty of appreciation but plenty of looks and words as if we are lambs to the slaughter 
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
You may laugh TB but one of our lads did just that.Tinoblade wrote:
Fair enoigh. Makes sense. Might bring one round just incase I need an emergency dump too
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
lhb
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 17 Oct 2008, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
I saw some advise from Royal Mail recently, which explained the new delivery procedures. I also said not to approach you post person, and to retreat inside if you see them coming to you.wacko74 wrote:When I pulled into the long driveway of a big houses the other day a woman ran out of the house swept her kid up into her arms ran back inside and shut the door behind her... I didn't take it personally, I'm sure she appreciates the efforts we're going to really!
So this lady had either read the advise (not, likely), or was just pig ignorant.
Keep safe out there folk. Unlike Royal Mail, who couldn't give a t**s, I really feel for you.
-
Marshamp11
- Posts: 437
- Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
Customer who cares.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
hero22
- Posts: 595
- Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
Marshamp11 wrote:Customer who cares.
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Public appreciation
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.