ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail public health risk petition

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Royal Mail public health risk petition

Post by scoobydo79 »

Busterbear wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:The above ^^.Today I’ve delivered bloody everything from Easter eggs(FFS!!) to “special car polish” .Didnt see the recipient bleating about how I’m delivering a deadly virus. Used my gloves, hand cleanser and safe distances. Don’t understand why any one working for RM needs to sign a petition...speak up in your office or see rep
Where did you get your gloves and hand sanitiser from ? None available at my office and We we ran out of hand towels today . Sounds like your office is in the minority if you read all the posts on this site . Where’s your office , The outer Hebrides ?
We got onto our rep (He’s Bloody good) and I believe he named and shamed and the stuff appeared
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Royal Mail public health risk petition

Post by Postie45 »

scoobydo79 wrote:
Busterbear wrote:All true as far as I can see . I’ve signed it
Well done.Good luck in your new job when u find it.
He might have a better chance of surviving to get a new job
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Royal Mail public health risk petition

Post by scoobydo79 »

Postie45 wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:
Busterbear wrote:All true as far as I can see . I’ve signed it
Well done.Good luck in your new job when u find it.
He might have a better chance of surviving to get a new job
May as well just leave and not worry bout petition then.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Royal Mail public health risk petition

Post by Seymour Buts »

antcpfc wrote:My wife is a nurse in charge of a department. She says untrained people wearing gloves is a complete waste of time unless they are repeatedly changed and do more harm than good as hands are not washed as often.
Can't say I know either way, but would not be remotely surprised. Masks are also useless so I'm told. I suffer with psoriasis anyway, those gloves make it worse so couldn't wear them anyway.
hero22
Posts: 595
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

Royal Mail public health risk petition

Post by hero22 »

PostmanBitesDog wrote:One thing's for sure, there're going to be a lot more Obsessive Compulsive Disorder sufferers in the world. :shock:

Imagine you had just been cured of OCD, youd be ripping lol
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Royal Mail public health risk petition

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

People are getting a but snippy in this thread - just saying.

People handle stress and are experiencing this pandemic in different ways, try not to condemn people, please try to help them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Royal Mail public health risk petition

Post by cpsteve »

antcpfc wrote:My wife is a nurse in charge of a department. She says untrained people wearing gloves is a complete waste of time unless they are repeatedly changed and do more harm than good as hands are not washed as often.
You have to be trained to wear gloves, the reason to wear gloves is if you are infected you are not touching anything so less chance of passing it on not perfect but better then nothing, masks are good as well they stop any sneezes or coughs infecting others its about not spreading it not not catching it.