ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Managerial visits to explain RMs position.
-
stodgy88
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
- Gender: Male
Managerial visits to explain RMs position.
So if the ballot result gives a massive yes vote, how do you think RM will respond,cant see them binning their plans ,presume some sort of compromise will happen - how big a comprise is the question .
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Managerial visits to explain RMs position.
I don't think they do any more. Those who cant drive are a legacy of past employment.Celgar wrote:I don't understand why RM are employing people who do not have current driving licences unless it's people taken on decades ago. Vans always come with two keys in our DO on the shared walks so both posties can do parcels if one or the other gets back to the van first etc.
If your DO is affected by the new strategy changes, and I get the feeling there won't be any exceptions, then every walk will get about another hours worth of work if not more. I realise this addition will almost certainly be more than any time saved but this is their plan.
Also, and I can only speak for my office. A van doesn't come with two keys so both can drive. It's so the other can access the van. Only the driver signs for the van and therefor is responsible for it. If your partner speeds through a camera/jumps a light etc who do you think will get the points and the blame? Who does the van check and is responsible for everything that goes with that? Though perhaps in your gaff you both sign for the keys and in the log book?
-
Cloudwatcher
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 08 Aug 2019, 11:05
- Gender: Male
Managerial visits to explain RMs position.
Same happened in our DO mate. It's shite the way they treat us part timers. So as per usual we don't count so it must not affect us.toonshola wrote:We had ours yesterday. Well I say we, I mean the full timers got a briefing before us pond scum part timers arrived. Left out the loop as usual it’s a disgrace.
And just so that us part timers who the meetings aren't for can understand
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Managerial visits to explain RMs position.
Latter Acceptance TimesCloudwatcher wrote:what does LAT stand for?
Basically certain large posters are allowed to drop off their Tracked postings directly to an RDC until a later time (think offhand it's about midnight). The stuff in the latter postings gets delivered by hub offices
-
Cloudwatcher
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 08 Aug 2019, 11:05
- Gender: Male
Managerial visits to explain RMs position.
Thanks for the explanation. Later acceptance times huh. OK.SpacePhoenix wrote:Latter Acceptance TimesCloudwatcher wrote:what does LAT stand for?
Basically certain large posters are allowed to drop off their Tracked postings directly to an RDC until a later time (think offhand it's about midnight). The stuff in the latter postings gets delivered by hub offices
What does RDC stand for?
I'm a bit s**t with acronyms. I don't even know what DIB stands for even though I write it on undelivered packets every day
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Managerial visits to explain RMs position.
DIB? We put p739 and the date on our undelivered packetsCloudwatcher wrote:Thanks for the explanation. Later acceptance times huh. OK.SpacePhoenix wrote:Latter Acceptance TimesCloudwatcher wrote:what does LAT stand for?
Basically certain large posters are allowed to drop off their Tracked postings directly to an RDC until a later time (think offhand it's about midnight). The stuff in the latter postings gets delivered by hub offices
What does RDC stand for?
I'm a bit s**t with acronyms. I don't even know what DIB stands for even though I write it on undelivered packets every day
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Managerial visits to explain RMs position.
Correct is to write on undelivered parcels:
No answer (or N/A), P739 (or just 739), the date and posties initials
No answer (or N/A), P739 (or just 739), the date and posties initials