ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Managerial visits to explain RMs position.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
stodgy88
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 641
Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
Gender: Male

Managerial visits to explain RMs position.

Post by stodgy88 »

So if the ballot result gives a massive yes vote, how do you think RM will respond,cant see them binning their plans ,presume some sort of compromise will happen - how big a comprise is the question .
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Managerial visits to explain RMs position.

Post by Ren Hoëk »

Celgar wrote:I don't understand why RM are employing people who do not have current driving licences unless it's people taken on decades ago. Vans always come with two keys in our DO on the shared walks so both posties can do parcels if one or the other gets back to the van first etc.
If your DO is affected by the new strategy changes, and I get the feeling there won't be any exceptions, then every walk will get about another hours worth of work if not more. I realise this addition will almost certainly be more than any time saved but this is their plan.
I don't think they do any more. Those who cant drive are a legacy of past employment.

Also, and I can only speak for my office. A van doesn't come with two keys so both can drive. It's so the other can access the van. Only the driver signs for the van and therefor is responsible for it. If your partner speeds through a camera/jumps a light etc who do you think will get the points and the blame? Who does the van check and is responsible for everything that goes with that? Though perhaps in your gaff you both sign for the keys and in the log book?
Cloudwatcher
Posts: 46
Joined: 08 Aug 2019, 11:05
Gender: Male

Managerial visits to explain RMs position.

Post by Cloudwatcher »

toonshola wrote:We had ours yesterday. Well I say we, I mean the full timers got a briefing before us pond scum part timers arrived. Left out the loop as usual it’s a disgrace.
Same happened in our DO mate. It's shite the way they treat us part timers. So as per usual we don't count so it must not affect us.

And just so that us part timers who the meetings aren't for can understand :crazy: ..... what does LAT stand for?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12195
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Managerial visits to explain RMs position.

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Cloudwatcher wrote:what does LAT stand for?
Latter Acceptance Times

Basically certain large posters are allowed to drop off their Tracked postings directly to an RDC until a later time (think offhand it's about midnight). The stuff in the latter postings gets delivered by hub offices
Cloudwatcher
Posts: 46
Joined: 08 Aug 2019, 11:05
Gender: Male

Managerial visits to explain RMs position.

Post by Cloudwatcher »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Cloudwatcher wrote:what does LAT stand for?
Latter Acceptance Times

Basically certain large posters are allowed to drop off their Tracked postings directly to an RDC until a later time (think offhand it's about midnight). The stuff in the latter postings gets delivered by hub offices
Thanks for the explanation. Later acceptance times huh. OK.

What does RDC stand for?

I'm a bit s**t with acronyms. I don't even know what DIB stands for even though I write it on undelivered packets every day :hmmmm
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Managerial visits to explain RMs position.

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Cloudwatcher wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
Cloudwatcher wrote:what does LAT stand for?
Latter Acceptance Times

Basically certain large posters are allowed to drop off their Tracked postings directly to an RDC until a later time (think offhand it's about midnight). The stuff in the latter postings gets delivered by hub offices
Thanks for the explanation. Later acceptance times huh. OK.

What does RDC stand for?

I'm a bit s**t with acronyms. I don't even know what DIB stands for even though I write it on undelivered packets every day :hmmmm
DIB? We put p739 and the date on our undelivered packets
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Managerial visits to explain RMs position.

Post by Janet Brum »

Correct is to write on undelivered parcels:

No answer (or N/A), P739 (or just 739), the date and posties initials