ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pain in second toe when walking??
-
Irishmisst
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 18:44
- Gender: Female
Pain in second toe when walking??
@anthonyok thanks for the reply no I don't suffer from rashes, I'm 37 very healthy slim but exercise a lot along with work so it's proberly down to doing to much, I wore my asic trainers today an while it was sore at times it helped massively
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1534
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Pain in second toe when walking??
I hope you're using a LWT and not carrying bags on your shoulder.
-
RTP
- Posts: 863
- Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Pain in second toe when walking??
Not Mortons, that's the tendon not the toe and is like walking on a marble when it kicks in. Like an earlier poster said, could be arthritis especially if it comes and goes.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Pain in second toe when walking??
I'd go and see a Professional Mate ..... before everyone here has you believing you've got something worse than you have.
We all suffer from a list of complaints at various times, which all seem to be linked to the amount of walking we're doing now. Mine was Plantars .... Gout ..... a bit of osteoarthritis .... and the usual collection of twisted Knees & Ankles
Seems to be part & parcel of the job nowadays. It would be nice if RM could organise a system of referals to local Podiatrists and Physiotherapists
I'm sure it would help reduce the ammount of posties having to have time off, when their injuries get worse. 
Seems to be part & parcel of the job nowadays. It would be nice if RM could organise a system of referals to local Podiatrists and Physiotherapists
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Pain in second toe when walking??
Gout is'nt just about too much alcohol, processed food, rich foods and fried foods will also bring on a buildup of uric acid in your joints eventually. A change of diet is the answer plus taking cider vinegar. 
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Pain in second toe when walking??
I would ease off on the extra exercise at the moment. You don't want to make things worse. This happened to me a couple of years back. Started going to the gym and doing extra classes, ended up with tendonitis in my foot. Off 3 weeks.Irishmisst wrote:@anthonyok thanks for the reply no I don't suffer from rashes, I'm 37 very healthy slim but exercise a lot along with work so it's proberly down to doing to much, I wore my asic trainers today an while it was sore at times it helped massively
Also, I don't know what your usual walking pace is when doing the job, but slowing down a bit has certainly helped ease my aches and pains.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Pain in second toe when walking??
I can't slow down anymore ... I'll Stop!ssdd wrote:
I would ease off on the extra exercise at the moment. You don't want to make things worse. This happened to me a couple of years back. Started going to the gym and doing extra classes, ended up with tendonitis in my foot. Off 3 weeks.
Also, I don't know what your usual walking pace is when doing the job, but slowing down a bit has certainly helped ease my aches and pains.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Pain in second toe when walking??
Or go backwards!Dorset Plodder wrote:I can't slow down anymore ... I'll Stop!ssdd wrote:
I would ease off on the extra exercise at the moment. You don't want to make things worse. This happened to me a couple of years back. Started going to the gym and doing extra classes, ended up with tendonitis in my foot. Off 3 weeks.
Also, I don't know what your usual walking pace is when doing the job, but slowing down a bit has certainly helped ease my aches and pains.
It would probably be a good idea to visit a podiatrist too. Okay, it will cost, but you won't have as long a waiting time, and will get a more complete diagnosis.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Pain in second toe when walking??
I really believe that if you need this sort of specialist, and RM is unwilling to provide a local practitioner for FREE, then you should at least be able to claim back your costs once you've had the appointment. Once more very short-term thinking by RM.ssdd wrote:
Or go backwards!![]()
It would probably be a good idea to visit a podiatrist too. Okay, it will cost, but you won't have as long a waiting time, and will get a more complete diagnosis.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
chuckychucks
- Posts: 97
- Joined: 18 Jul 2009, 15:58
- Gender: Male
Pain in second toe when walking??
Not in all cases, i too have Psoriatic Arthritis and i know from experience that if exert myself in any way then i suffer even more for days after, all these so called experts in Arthritis don't actually know what it is like to deal with it on a daily basis, sometimes boils my piss when they say 'Oh you must exercise because it will help you', i have news for you experts,,,no it does not in all cases, personally it makes me feel like a bag of shyte, okay rant over :-) ...back on topic, ask your doc to refer you to a rheumy just to rule it out.anthonyok wrote:i am soldeirng on though because believe it or not exercise as a postman (getting paid to walk ) is beneficial.
-
postieblueshirt
- Posts: 1241
- Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Pain in second toe when walking??
Try a wider shoe and don't tie your laces tight.get a pair of skechers memory foam insoles bloody amazing I wear rm shoes be damned if I'm spending money for working in.