ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pain in second toe when walking??

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Irishmisst
Posts: 10
Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 18:44
Gender: Female

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by Irishmisst »

@anthonyok thanks for the reply no I don't suffer from rashes, I'm 37 very healthy slim but exercise a lot along with work so it's proberly down to doing to much, I wore my asic trainers today an while it was sore at times it helped massively
Hitcher
Posts: 1534
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by Hitcher »

I hope you're using a LWT and not carrying bags on your shoulder.
RTP
Posts: 863
Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
Gender: Male

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by RTP »

Not Mortons, that's the tendon not the toe and is like walking on a marble when it kicks in. Like an earlier poster said, could be arthritis especially if it comes and goes.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I'd go and see a Professional Mate ..... before everyone here has you believing you've got something worse than you have. :left: We all suffer from a list of complaints at various times, which all seem to be linked to the amount of walking we're doing now. Mine was Plantars .... Gout ..... a bit of osteoarthritis .... and the usual collection of twisted Knees & Ankles :Boo hoo!

Seems to be part & parcel of the job nowadays. It would be nice if RM could organise a system of referals to local Podiatrists and Physiotherapists :thumbup I'm sure it would help reduce the ammount of posties having to have time off, when their injuries get worse. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by meercat »

Gout is'nt just about too much alcohol, processed food, rich foods and fried foods will also bring on a buildup of uric acid in your joints eventually. A change of diet is the answer plus taking cider vinegar. :thumbup
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by ssdd »

Irishmisst wrote:@anthonyok thanks for the reply no I don't suffer from rashes, I'm 37 very healthy slim but exercise a lot along with work so it's proberly down to doing to much, I wore my asic trainers today an while it was sore at times it helped massively
I would ease off on the extra exercise at the moment. You don't want to make things worse. This happened to me a couple of years back. Started going to the gym and doing extra classes, ended up with tendonitis in my foot. Off 3 weeks.

Also, I don't know what your usual walking pace is when doing the job, but slowing down a bit has certainly helped ease my aches and pains.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by Dorset Plodder »

ssdd wrote:
I would ease off on the extra exercise at the moment. You don't want to make things worse. This happened to me a couple of years back. Started going to the gym and doing extra classes, ended up with tendonitis in my foot. Off 3 weeks.

Also, I don't know what your usual walking pace is when doing the job, but slowing down a bit has certainly helped ease my aches and pains.
I can't slow down anymore ... I'll Stop! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by ssdd »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
ssdd wrote:
I would ease off on the extra exercise at the moment. You don't want to make things worse. This happened to me a couple of years back. Started going to the gym and doing extra classes, ended up with tendonitis in my foot. Off 3 weeks.

Also, I don't know what your usual walking pace is when doing the job, but slowing down a bit has certainly helped ease my aches and pains.
I can't slow down anymore ... I'll Stop! :cuppa
Or go backwards! :chuckle

It would probably be a good idea to visit a podiatrist too. Okay, it will cost, but you won't have as long a waiting time, and will get a more complete diagnosis.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by Dorset Plodder »

ssdd wrote:
Or go backwards! :chuckle

It would probably be a good idea to visit a podiatrist too. Okay, it will cost, but you won't have as long a waiting time, and will get a more complete diagnosis.
I really believe that if you need this sort of specialist, and RM is unwilling to provide a local practitioner for FREE, then you should at least be able to claim back your costs once you've had the appointment. Once more very short-term thinking by RM. :arrrghhh They bang on about "Our Greatest Assets are our People" , what a load of crap ..... IF we were then perhaps looking after our long-term health would be a greater priority. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
chuckychucks
Posts: 97
Joined: 18 Jul 2009, 15:58
Gender: Male

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by chuckychucks »

anthonyok wrote:i am soldeirng on though because believe it or not exercise as a postman (getting paid to walk ) is beneficial.
Not in all cases, i too have Psoriatic Arthritis and i know from experience that if exert myself in any way then i suffer even more for days after, all these so called experts in Arthritis don't actually know what it is like to deal with it on a daily basis, sometimes boils my piss when they say 'Oh you must exercise because it will help you', i have news for you experts,,,no it does not in all cases, personally it makes me feel like a bag of shyte, okay rant over :-) ...back on topic, ask your doc to refer you to a rheumy just to rule it out.
postieblueshirt
Posts: 1241
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
Gender: Male

Pain in second toe when walking??

Post by postieblueshirt »

Try a wider shoe and don't tie your laces tight.get a pair of skechers memory foam insoles bloody amazing I wear rm shoes be damned if I'm spending money for working in.