Another christmas off for me so not my problem!SpacePhoenix wrote:Any staff who work nights will be in overnight (28th into the 29th) as the mail will have to be processed ready for deliveries on the 29th.TrueBlueTerrier wrote: Monday 28 December Due to Boxing Day on Saturday No collections or deliveries
Tuesday 29th will probably be VERY HEAVY as there's going to potentially be 4 days worth of postings in the system overnight on the Monday (plus there will be all the deferred mail as well)
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Saturday 26th December 2020
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Saturday 26th December 2020
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Saturday 26th December 2020
You can work the backlog off at BH rate if you want?aiden01 wrote:Whats that got to do with having sat 26th dec off.k979aaa wrote:We will have many more strikes before then anyway!pinstripe wrote:Well I for one will not be surprised if Dr No and his henchmen decide to spoil Christmas for over 100,000 people. It’s kind of their thing.
-
tractorboy2
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 545
- Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
- Gender: Male
Saturday 26th December 2020
I work nights and I certainly will NOT be working that night.SpacePhoenix wrote:Any staff who work nights will be in overnight (28th into the 29th) as the mail will have to be processed ready for deliveries on the 29th.TrueBlueTerrier wrote: Monday 28 December Due to Boxing Day on Saturday No collections or deliveries
Tuesday 29th will probably be VERY HEAVY as there's going to potentially be 4 days worth of postings in the system overnight on the Monday (plus there will be all the deferred mail as well)
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Saturday 26th December 2020
Some offices might do it using volunteers but other than that if you're not on leave, you WILL be working that nighttractorboy2 wrote:I work nights and I certainly will NOT be working that night.SpacePhoenix wrote:Any staff who work nights will be in overnight (28th into the 29th) as the mail will have to be processed ready for deliveries on the 29th.TrueBlueTerrier wrote: Monday 28 December Due to Boxing Day on Saturday No collections or deliveries
Tuesday 29th will probably be VERY HEAVY as there's going to potentially be 4 days worth of postings in the system overnight on the Monday (plus there will be all the deferred mail as well)
-
tractorboy2
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 545
- Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
- Gender: Male
Saturday 26th December 2020
Why would I , it's a bank holiday I work Mon night to Saturday morning , and I only have to make 4 attendances.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Saturday 26th December 2020
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... xing+night" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;tractorboy2 wrote:Why would I , it's a bank holiday I work Mon night to Saturday morning , and I only have to make 4 attendances.
That was from the 2017 thread but the principle is the same, just like it has been for at least the last decade. If you don't work it, they can take a days leave off of you for it. Don't forget that once you reach midnight, going into the Tues 29th the Bank Holiday is over3.7 In order to comply with the USO, Inland night shift operations should resume as required on Tuesday, 26th December and Monday, 1st January (Tuesday, 2nd January in Scotland) to meet service obligations. Where agreed resourcing arrangements result in attendance beyond conditioned hours, staff may either elect to receive a lieu day or the appropriate overtime rate for the additional hours.
-
tractorboy2
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 545
- Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
- Gender: Male
Saturday 26th December 2020
Why would that particular bank holiday , be different to any other bank holiday Monday ? All of which I get off!!