ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Saturday 26th December 2020

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Saturday 26th December 2020

Post by citypostie »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote: Monday 28 December Due to Boxing Day on Saturday No collections or deliveries
Any staff who work nights will be in overnight (28th into the 29th) as the mail will have to be processed ready for deliveries on the 29th.

Tuesday 29th will probably be VERY HEAVY as there's going to potentially be 4 days worth of postings in the system overnight on the Monday (plus there will be all the deferred mail as well)
Another christmas off for me so not my problem!
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Saturday 26th December 2020

Post by k979aaa »

aiden01 wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
pinstripe wrote:Well I for one will not be surprised if Dr No and his henchmen decide to spoil Christmas for over 100,000 people. It’s kind of their thing.
We will have many more strikes before then anyway!
Whats that got to do with having sat 26th dec off.
You can work the backlog off at BH rate if you want?
tractorboy2
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 545
Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
Gender: Male

Saturday 26th December 2020

Post by tractorboy2 »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote: Monday 28 December Due to Boxing Day on Saturday No collections or deliveries
Any staff who work nights will be in overnight (28th into the 29th) as the mail will have to be processed ready for deliveries on the 29th.

Tuesday 29th will probably be VERY HEAVY as there's going to potentially be 4 days worth of postings in the system overnight on the Monday (plus there will be all the deferred mail as well)
I work nights and I certainly will NOT be working that night.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12195
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Saturday 26th December 2020

Post by SpacePhoenix »

tractorboy2 wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote: Monday 28 December Due to Boxing Day on Saturday No collections or deliveries
Any staff who work nights will be in overnight (28th into the 29th) as the mail will have to be processed ready for deliveries on the 29th.

Tuesday 29th will probably be VERY HEAVY as there's going to potentially be 4 days worth of postings in the system overnight on the Monday (plus there will be all the deferred mail as well)
I work nights and I certainly will NOT be working that night.
Some offices might do it using volunteers but other than that if you're not on leave, you WILL be working that night
tractorboy2
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 545
Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
Gender: Male

Saturday 26th December 2020

Post by tractorboy2 »

Why would I , it's a bank holiday I work Mon night to Saturday morning , and I only have to make 4 attendances.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12195
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Saturday 26th December 2020

Post by SpacePhoenix »

tractorboy2 wrote:Why would I , it's a bank holiday I work Mon night to Saturday morning , and I only have to make 4 attendances.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... xing+night" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
3.7 In order to comply with the USO, Inland night shift operations should resume as required on Tuesday, 26th December and Monday, 1st January (Tuesday, 2nd January in Scotland) to meet service obligations. Where agreed resourcing arrangements result in attendance beyond conditioned hours, staff may either elect to receive a lieu day or the appropriate overtime rate for the additional hours.
That was from the 2017 thread but the principle is the same, just like it has been for at least the last decade. If you don't work it, they can take a days leave off of you for it. Don't forget that once you reach midnight, going into the Tues 29th the Bank Holiday is over
tractorboy2
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 545
Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
Gender: Male

Saturday 26th December 2020

Post by tractorboy2 »

Why would that particular bank holiday , be different to any other bank holiday Monday ? All of which I get off!!