ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Quiet christmas
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
Quiet christmas
Love this xmas.All our oversized parcels get taken from us and lots of overtime.Come in 2 hours early on i.p.s and go over in afternoon about an hour daily.Very chilled out and relaxed while earning extra money.Also lots of election rubbish to deliver and make even more easy money.
Moral in our office is good,decent managers who most people like,very little cutting off going on 90% of people show good will and work over.
Moral in our office is good,decent managers who most people like,very little cutting off going on 90% of people show good will and work over.
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Quiet christmas
We generally try to finish as early as possible on Xmas Eve but 1200 finish is probably pushing it. I would say probably closer to 1400. But could be later than that.[/quote]
Last year I finished at 10:15 Xmas Eve, there was next to no mail, much less than on a quiet Tuesday even.
Will probably be more mail this year, but I'll be disappointed if I'm not home with a glass of port on the go by 11
Last year I finished at 10:15 Xmas Eve, there was next to no mail, much less than on a quiet Tuesday even.
Will probably be more mail this year, but I'll be disappointed if I'm not home with a glass of port on the go by 11
-
Rommagic
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52
Quiet christmas
My manager says 8,000 less items tomorrow compared to last Wednesday
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Quiet christmas
Yeah, stuff the guys on LATs eh? When they came into our office last year, I volunteered to do it, because we were told if we didn't then another office may become the hub, and we may miss out on the extra work.ArthurPewty wrote: Will probably be more mail this year, but I'll be disappointed if I'm not home with a glass of port on the go by 11
I can't remember my exact finishing time on Christmas Eve last year, but I think it was around 5pm. Supposed to be 7.30pm, but obviously it was a bit quieter.
Reminds me of the bad old days of another DOM we had. I was quite new to the Company and being naive and wanting to impress, worked till 7.30pm. I had been in from 7am doing parcels all day and they still weren't clear. Nobody else was interested. Office politics. I was utterly shattered by the end of it, running around like a blue arsed fly.
A lot has changed since then, but I'll be working to my time (3pm), assuming the workload is there (which I expect it will be), though I won't be killing myself to get round quicker. Slow and steady wins the race.
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Quiet christmas
You always believe your manager Ron?Rommagic wrote:My manager says 8,000 less items tomorrow compared to last Wednesday
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Quiet christmas
thats great and all and glad youre happy to do it, but youre showing goodwill to a company who stabbed us in the back over our balloted strike. Earning extra money is one thing, good for you, but i wouldnt do it for "goodwills" sake.2pints wrote:
Moral in our office is good,decent managers who most people like,very little cutting off going on 90% of people show good will and work over.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Quiet christmas
My View is there's no such thing as "Good Will" anymore
We all work for a Multi-National PRIVATELY Owned Business. It's not some Small Family Owned Firm that's looked after you,and your Family, through Thick and Thin.
IF they choose, and they could get away with it, they'd would make us all Redundant at the drop of a Shareholders Dividend.
The Deal is: You provide Work ... I do that Work .... You Pay me.... End of Story. 
IF they choose, and they could get away with it, they'd would make us all Redundant at the drop of a Shareholders Dividend.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Quiet christmas
In my office it seems it's always a tit-for-tat between management and posties.....Dorset Plodder wrote:My View is there's no such thing as "Good Will" anymoreWe all work for a Multi-National PRIVATELY Owned Business. It's not some Small Family Owned Firm that's looked after you,and your Family, through Thick and Thin.
![]()
IF they choose, and they could get away with it, they'd would make us all Redundant at the drop of a Shareholders Dividend.The Deal is: You provide Work ... I do that Work .... You Pay me.... End of Story.
managers whine, then when posties see an opportunity to whine - they whine, then a manager whines, then posties whine, then managers whine, then posties whine......
it's all because it starts with managers being unreasonable or screwing you over, so then the postie will avoid doing any favours for that manager and from there it carries on forever.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Quiet christmas
Christmas Eve is on a Tuesday this year so maybe will be pretty light.ArthurPewty wrote:Last year I finished at 10:15 Xmas Eve, there was next to no mail, much less than on a quiet Tuesday even.
Will probably be more mail this year, but I'll be disappointed if I'm not home with a glass of port on the go by 11
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Quiet christmas
Chriiistmas time....mistletoe and whine...
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Quiet christmas
Bosses singing corporate rhyme
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
Quiet christmas
With lapsing on the fire.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12196
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Quiet christmas
SDs will be very heavynorris9 wrote:Christmas Eve is on a Tuesday this year so maybe will be pretty light.ArthurPewty wrote:Last year I finished at 10:15 Xmas Eve, there was next to no mail, much less than on a quiet Tuesday even.
Will probably be more mail this year, but I'll be disappointed if I'm not home with a glass of port on the go by 11
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Quiet christmas
Christmas tips on the tree...Grumpyoldmailman wrote:With lapsing on the fire.
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Quiet christmas
I'm on leave but if I wasn't I'd be trying to card as many of them as possible to teach them to order earlier and not leave it to the last minute. Very quiet knocks then cqrd wrote/posted and post the next houses as quick as possible to get out of viewSpacePhoenix wrote:SDs will be very heavynorris9 wrote:Christmas Eve is on a Tuesday this year so maybe will be pretty light.ArthurPewty wrote:Last year I finished at 10:15 Xmas Eve, there was next to no mail, much less than on a quiet Tuesday even.
Will probably be more mail this year, but I'll be disappointed if I'm not home with a glass of port on the go by 11