ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Election material(only paid if you sort it in,not deliver it)

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Election material(only paid if you box it in,not deliver it)

Post by Postie45 »

Trail wrote: I used to work with a lassie who was lightning quick (though nothing close to as quick as me). When her D2Ds came in on a Monday she'd deliver the lot on a Monday. Her duty wasn't a dead easy rural van job, it was a dead hard town gig.

I'd do all the election stuff as soon as I got them. It'll save you bags of time.
what is this mindset of doing everything "quick" and rushing ? saving time for what ? more lapsing ? :no no :no no
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Election material(only paid if you box it in,not deliver it)

Post by Trail »

Postie45 wrote:
Trail wrote: I used to work with a lassie who was lightning quick (though nothing close to as quick as me). When her D2Ds came in on a Monday she'd deliver the lot on a Monday. Her duty wasn't a dead easy rural van job, it was a dead hard town gig.

I'd do all the election stuff as soon as I got them. It'll save you bags of time.
what is this mindset of doing everything "quick" and rushing ? saving time for what ? more lapsing ? :no no :no no
I only got extra work put on my duty on a Saturday when the van driver didn't do his van duty, It was two s**t easy streets which took ten minutes.
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Election material(only paid if you box it in,not deliver it)

Post by norris9 »

Can't they just give us an extra £5 on each of our pay each month when there are these extra 3p a leaflet doodahs. I can't be bothered to count them up for me few quid here and there.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Election material(only paid if you box it in,not deliver it)

Post by Navalron »

Trail wrote:
Postie45 wrote:
Trail wrote: I used to work with a lassie who was lightning quick (though nothing close to as quick as me). When her D2Ds came in on a Monday she'd deliver the lot on a Monday. Her duty wasn't a dead easy rural van job, it was a dead hard town gig.

I'd do all the election stuff as soon as I got them. It'll save you bags of time.
what is this mindset of doing everything "quick" and rushing ? saving time for what ? more lapsing ? :no no :no no
I only got extra work put on my duty on a Saturday when the van driver didn't do his van duty, It was two s**t easy streets which took ten minutes.

Your one of the problems of how the job has went to s**t.