ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Dogs WITHOUT leads

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Cluaran
Posts: 97
Joined: 03 Aug 2019, 23:23
Gender: Male

Dogs WITHOUT leads

Post by Cluaran »

twoloops wrote:We have posties in our office that actually buy & carry treats for dogs on their walk :arrrghhh

Not everyone is a dog hater like you!!!
derekm
Posts: 340
Joined: 16 Dec 2010, 22:17
Gender: Male

Dogs WITHOUT leads

Post by derekm »

Not a dog hater but what he said is true owners usually say must be the colour of your uniform / bag and he doesn’t usually bother other people just postys...wtf just keep it on a lead.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Dogs WITHOUT leads

Post by scoobydo79 »

twoloops wrote:We have posties in our office that actually buy & carry treats for dogs on their walk :arrrghhh
Same here.All very nice until the poor cover postman delivers there but has no treats for the dog.The dog then gets the hump and has a go at the relief posty :arrrghhh
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Dogs WITHOUT leads

Post by norris9 »

I hate the people that open their door with their dog right there trying to scare me off barking like it wants to kill me. Get your dog away from the door before opening it, don't pick it up, don't hold it back, don't try to stop it with your leg, get it the feck away from me.
pinkpaws
Posts: 17
Joined: 27 Aug 2018, 11:15
Gender: Female

Dogs WITHOUT leads

Post by pinkpaws »

twoloops wrote:We have posties in our office that actually buy & carry treats for dogs on their walk :arrrghhh
Yes that would be me, I treat all my rural doggies and if I’m in town the treats have calmed the dogs down 100% I had 3 Friday that came bounding over to me barking I whipped out the bikkies and they were fine
Cluaran
Posts: 97
Joined: 03 Aug 2019, 23:23
Gender: Male

Dogs WITHOUT leads

Post by Cluaran »

Has anyone been told to put a yellow dot on their frame slot where there are dogs in the house?
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Dogs WITHOUT leads

Post by Dorset Plodder »

scoobydo79 wrote:
twoloops wrote:We have posties in our office that actually buy & carry treats for dogs on their walk :arrrghhh
Same here.All very nice until the poor cover postman delivers there but has no treats for the dog.The dog then gets the hump and has a go at the relief posty :arrrghhh
Covering a Duty in another DO. When we had Bikes I was chased the Full Length of this street, with me pedaling like hell. When the Dog finally gave up I stopped at a neighbours house and asked, "WTF was that all about"?......... "Oh The Normal Postman usually carries Dog Biscuits and feeds all the Dogs as he's going around" :d'oh! I was not amused. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
twoloops
Posts: 2040
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Dogs WITHOUT leads

Post by twoloops »

scoobydo79 wrote:All very nice until the poor cover postman delivers there but has no treats for the dog.
Or the regular postman who makes a massive fuss everyday over some mutt, then it wants to jump up me & I have to explain to the owner I do not want to stroke or touch your hound & there is nowhere to wash my hands :arrrghhh
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Dogs WITHOUT leads

Post by daveyeff »

twoloops wrote:We have posties in our office that actually buy & carry treats for dogs on their walk :arrrghhh
years ago when we had pit bulls in this country, there was one of our posties who used to give this mad c*** a chew stick every time he went to the property. it loved him, wagged its tail, licked him, sat an gave him its paw. it used to go mental with everyone else. I just used to endorse it ''D.I.G. ….. no way would I chance it.
Steve_claret
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 325
Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 14:53
Gender: Male

Dogs WITHOUT leads

Post by Steve_claret »

twoloops wrote:We have posties in our office that actually buy & carry treats for dogs on their walk :arrrghhh
Can you still buy treets. Used to love the peanut ones. :thumbup
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Dogs WITHOUT leads

Post by Jpro747 »

derekm wrote:Not a dog hater but what he said is true owners usually say must be the colour of your uniform / bag and he doesn’t usually bother other people just postys...wtf just keep it on a lead.
This annoys the hell out of me.
Fecking idiots, does the dog bite you when you’re wearing a red t-shirt? Why is it suddenly our fault that YOU can’t control YOUR dog?
pinkpaws
Posts: 17
Joined: 27 Aug 2018, 11:15
Gender: Female

Dogs WITHOUT leads

Post by pinkpaws »

twoloops wrote:We have posties in our office that actually buy & carry treats for dogs on their walk :arrrghhh
Yep me! It’s saved my arse so many times plus the customer loves it that I think about their pooch
twoloops
Posts: 2040
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Dogs WITHOUT leads

Post by twoloops »

With a bit of global neutering we could eradicate the dog problem in about 15 years :nana
Mailman300
Posts: 48
Joined: 09 Apr 2017, 09:10
Gender: Male

Dogs WITHOUT leads

Post by Mailman300 »

twoloops wrote:We have posties in our office that actually buy & carry treats for dogs on their walk :arrrghhh
I have treats too. 2 size 8’s magnums, ha ha ha.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Dogs WITHOUT leads

Post by CPTNemoUK »

I got sent to another office once. was about to open a gate to a property and there was a massive goose looking at me. (This was a council estate) :shock: I thought sod that put GAL on the letters and walked off. Got back to the van and the guy I was working with said. "I forgot too tell you about the goose, the normal postie just normally walks in and hits it on the head with the letters" :left: