Not a dog hater but what he said is true owners usually say must be the colour of your uniform / bag and he doesn’t usually bother other people just postys...wtf just keep it on a lead.
twoloops wrote:We have posties in our office that actually buy & carry treats for dogs on their walk
Same here.All very nice until the poor cover postman delivers there but has no treats for the dog.The dog then gets the hump and has a go at the relief posty
I hate the people that open their door with their dog right there trying to scare me off barking like it wants to kill me. Get your dog away from the door before opening it, don't pick it up, don't hold it back, don't try to stop it with your leg, get it the feck away from me.
twoloops wrote:We have posties in our office that actually buy & carry treats for dogs on their walk
Yes that would be me, I treat all my rural doggies and if I’m in town the treats have calmed the dogs down 100% I had 3 Friday that came bounding over to me barking I whipped out the bikkies and they were fine
twoloops wrote:We have posties in our office that actually buy & carry treats for dogs on their walk
Same here.All very nice until the poor cover postman delivers there but has no treats for the dog.The dog then gets the hump and has a go at the relief posty
Covering a Duty in another DO. When we had Bikes I was chased the Full Length of this street, with me pedaling like hell. When the Dog finally gave up I stopped at a neighbours house and asked, "WTF was that all about"?......... "Oh The Normal Postman usually carries Dog Biscuits and feeds all the Dogs as he's going around" I was not amused.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
scoobydo79 wrote:All very nice until the poor cover postman delivers there but has no treats for the dog.
Or the regular postman who makes a massive fuss everyday over some mutt, then it wants to jump up me & I have to explain to the owner I do not want to stroke or touch your hound & there is nowhere to wash my hands
twoloops wrote:We have posties in our office that actually buy & carry treats for dogs on their walk
years ago when we had pit bulls in this country, there was one of our posties who used to give this mad c*** a chew stick every time he went to the property. it loved him, wagged its tail, licked him, sat an gave him its paw. it used to go mental with everyone else. I just used to endorse it ''D.I.G. ….. no way would I chance it.
derekm wrote:Not a dog hater but what he said is true owners usually say must be the colour of your uniform / bag and he doesn’t usually bother other people just postys...wtf just keep it on a lead.
This annoys the hell out of me.
Fecking idiots, does the dog bite you when you’re wearing a red t-shirt? Why is it suddenly our fault that YOU can’t control YOUR dog?
I got sent to another office once. was about to open a gate to a property and there was a massive goose looking at me. (This was a council estate) I thought sod that put GAL on the letters and walked off. Got back to the van and the guy I was working with said. "I forgot too tell you about the goose, the normal postie just normally walks in and hits it on the head with the letters"