If 5" 8 is considered a short arse I'm well screwed lolSeymour Buts wrote:I'm a short arse (5"8) and I love the combos. All in our fleet are years older than the Fiats, Vauxhalls or Peugeots and run far better. They shift too if you put your boot down.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Vauxhall Combos
-
postieblueshirt
- Posts: 1241
- Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
The Vauxhall’s are better for reliability, but very low on the floor, at 5ft 8 you am hardly small I,m 5ft 4.postieblueshirt wrote:If 5" 8 is considered a short arse I'm well screwed lolSeymour Buts wrote:I'm a short arse (5"8) and I love the combos. All in our fleet are years older than the Fiats, Vauxhalls or Peugeots and run far better. They shift too if you put your boot down.
-
postieaw11
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 15 Jul 2014, 17:44
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
No need to lift bonnet to start the dpf cleaning process.itinerant wrote:This! We have a few Fiat Doblos and the DPF Regeneration light comes on frequently so you have to lift the bonnet and initiate the DPF process and wait for 10 mins while it clears. It always seems to happen on a busy day tooleolion855 wrote:Be careful what you wish for, All ours have gone and replaced with Doblos which keep needing attention..Don't have the same problem with the Peugeots or Vauxhalls.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3729
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
It is recommended to do so, I'm assuming it's to dissipate the gases produced duringpostieaw11 wrote:No need to lift bonnet to start the dpf cleaning process.itinerant wrote:This! We have a few Fiat Doblos and the DPF Regeneration light comes on frequently so you have to lift the bonnet and initiate the DPF process and wait for 10 mins while it clears. It always seems to happen on a busy day tooleolion855 wrote:Be careful what you wish for, All ours have gone and replaced with Doblos which keep needing attention..Don't have the same problem with the Peugeots or Vauxhalls.
the process rather than them being drawn into the vehicle cab.
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
God the Fiats are awful.
You'd think Royal Mail would test vehicles properly before rolling them out to the entire fleet. We've had nothing but issues with ours.
And as for the DPF regen, they tell you to turn the engine off at every stop to prevent idling, then you spend 10 minutes each day idling on high RPM cause they filters are clogged full of s**t... couldn't make it up.
You'd think Royal Mail would test vehicles properly before rolling them out to the entire fleet. We've had nothing but issues with ours.
And as for the DPF regen, they tell you to turn the engine off at every stop to prevent idling, then you spend 10 minutes each day idling on high RPM cause they filters are clogged full of s**t... couldn't make it up.
-
goldy
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
Doblos are crap always need regen can't believe what joker thought these were a good idea, they drive ok but to turn you need the area the size of football pitch Peugeot's are good but lock break easy, combos too but low only for young people
transits are good
transits are good
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
What do we think of the bippers?
-
Redvannon
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
leolion855 wrote:What do we think of the bippers?
Crap, they've got bugger all loadspace. The doblos are better loadspace wise but yeah the DPF is a pain in the arse! If they were petrol they might be better.
None of the vans are any good really, not that I've driven anyway unless my office just has crap vans!
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
The best Van's I've driven was the old transits. All gone now in my office replaced by sh*t Peugeot's. We even got a 18 plate big Peugeot and to close the side door you need to open the passenger door first 
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Vauxhall Combos
The best van I had was a Sherpa with a sliding door and a jelly suspension loved it it was a death trap in the winter, if it snowed you were sliding all over the place as it was a rear wheel drive

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
TheGoodRebel111
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 24 May 2019, 00:21
- Gender: Male
Vauxhall Combos
Awful. I'm over 6' tall and getting in and out of them constantly can get tiresome, plus the driving position is awful. I previously worked in an office with mainly Pug Partners and they were pretty comfy and spacious.
I will say the Combos do have decent engines - I believe they're Fiat Multijet units - they can shift if you put your foot down.
I will say the Combos do have decent engines - I believe they're Fiat Multijet units - they can shift if you put your foot down.