ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Vauxhall Combos

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postieblueshirt
Posts: 1241
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
Gender: Male

Vauxhall Combos

Post by postieblueshirt »

Seymour Buts wrote:I'm a short arse (5"8) and I love the combos. All in our fleet are years older than the Fiats, Vauxhalls or Peugeots and run far better. They shift too if you put your boot down.
If 5" 8 is considered a short arse I'm well screwed lol
woody38
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 273
Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
Gender: Male

Vauxhall Combos

Post by woody38 »

postieblueshirt wrote:
Seymour Buts wrote:I'm a short arse (5"8) and I love the combos. All in our fleet are years older than the Fiats, Vauxhalls or Peugeots and run far better. They shift too if you put your boot down.
If 5" 8 is considered a short arse I'm well screwed lol
The Vauxhall’s are better for reliability, but very low on the floor, at 5ft 8 you am hardly small I,m 5ft 4.
postieaw11
Posts: 28
Joined: 15 Jul 2014, 17:44
Gender: Male

Vauxhall Combos

Post by postieaw11 »

itinerant wrote:
leolion855 wrote:Be careful what you wish for, All ours have gone and replaced with Doblos which keep needing attention..
This! We have a few Fiat Doblos and the DPF Regeneration light comes on frequently so you have to lift the bonnet and initiate the DPF process and wait for 10 mins while it clears. It always seems to happen on a busy day too :arrrghhh Don't have the same problem with the Peugeots or Vauxhalls.
No need to lift bonnet to start the dpf cleaning process.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3729
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Vauxhall Combos

Post by yellowbelly »

postieaw11 wrote:
itinerant wrote:
leolion855 wrote:Be careful what you wish for, All ours have gone and replaced with Doblos which keep needing attention..
This! We have a few Fiat Doblos and the DPF Regeneration light comes on frequently so you have to lift the bonnet and initiate the DPF process and wait for 10 mins while it clears. It always seems to happen on a busy day too :arrrghhh Don't have the same problem with the Peugeots or Vauxhalls.
No need to lift bonnet to start the dpf cleaning process.
It is recommended to do so, I'm assuming it's to dissipate the gases produced during
the process rather than them being drawn into the vehicle cab.
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

Vauxhall Combos

Post by Murdoch »

God the Fiats are awful.

You'd think Royal Mail would test vehicles properly before rolling them out to the entire fleet. We've had nothing but issues with ours.

And as for the DPF regen, they tell you to turn the engine off at every stop to prevent idling, then you spend 10 minutes each day idling on high RPM cause they filters are clogged full of s**t... couldn't make it up.
goldy
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
Gender: Male

Vauxhall Combos

Post by goldy »

Doblos are crap always need regen can't believe what joker thought these were a good idea, they drive ok but to turn you need the area the size of football pitch Peugeot's are good but lock break easy, combos too but low only for young people
transits are good
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

Vauxhall Combos

Post by leolion855 »

What do we think of the bippers?
Redvannon
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 20:09
Gender: Male

Vauxhall Combos

Post by Redvannon »

leolion855 wrote:What do we think of the bippers?

Crap, they've got bugger all loadspace. The doblos are better loadspace wise but yeah the DPF is a pain in the arse! If they were petrol they might be better.

None of the vans are any good really, not that I've driven anyway unless my office just has crap vans!
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Vauxhall Combos

Post by CPTNemoUK »

The best Van's I've driven was the old transits. All gone now in my office replaced by sh*t Peugeot's. We even got a 18 plate big Peugeot and to close the side door you need to open the passenger door first :left:
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Vauxhall Combos

Post by maisymoo04 »

The best van I had was a Sherpa with a sliding door and a jelly suspension loved it it was a death trap in the winter, if it snowed you were sliding all over the place as it was a rear wheel drive :shock: :shock: :chuckle :chuckle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
TheGoodRebel111
Posts: 22
Joined: 24 May 2019, 00:21
Gender: Male

Vauxhall Combos

Post by TheGoodRebel111 »

Awful. I'm over 6' tall and getting in and out of them constantly can get tiresome, plus the driving position is awful. I previously worked in an office with mainly Pug Partners and they were pretty comfy and spacious.
I will say the Combos do have decent engines - I believe they're Fiat Multijet units - they can shift if you put your foot down.