ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

ill health retirement.

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

ill health retirement.

Post by bustedflush »

Just for your reference, you can't action any pension fund draw-downs (taking a tax-free proportion as a lump sum) until you are 55 under current legislation. It will sit as 'paid up' until then, or until you're up to 67 if you don't draw it down.
Willywonka78
Posts: 1
Joined: 02 Feb 2018, 13:35
Gender: Female

ill health retirement.

Post by Willywonka78 »

I have been accepted for ihr, how long does it take to receive a offer? It’s been over two weeks now and still haven’t heard anything?
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

ill health retirement.

Post by bustedflush »

Willywonka78 wrote:I have been accepted for ihr, how long does it take to receive a offer? It’s been over two weeks now and still haven’t heard anything?

Weird. I was told on the phone by the manager, went to see him next day and it was all printed out for me to sign.

I'd chase it up.
rgrigg1988@gmail.com
Posts: 1
Joined: 16 Feb 2018, 11:07
Gender: Male

ill health retirement.

Post by rgrigg1988@gmail.com »

I have 9 Years service, was on a 31 and half contract but generally worked above 40. What sort of lump sum should i be looking at for IHR. Thanks
Pforce1986
Posts: 2
Joined: 05 Feb 2019, 14:37
Gender: Male

ill health retirement.

Post by Pforce1986 »

I have been through the occupational health route and reccomeneded by occupational health doctor for ill health retirement with lump sum payment. Just had a call from my manager saying I am not entitled to lump sum payment as my 12 months service is the 5th of November. They are offering me PILON only, is this right? Do they not need to provide me with notice as they have told me this only 15 days before my 12 months service. They are saying my last days service will be the 31st October.
celtic1967
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 136
Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 17:25
Gender: Male

ill health retirement.

Post by celtic1967 »

Willywonka78 wrote:I have been accepted for ihr, how long does it take to receive a offer? It’s been over two weeks now and still haven’t heard anything?
OH doctor told me over phone he was recommending me for on Tuesday morning, got my figures when I went in for nightshift and paperwork was signed on Wednesday night.
I would say chase it up.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

ill health retirement.

Post by aiden01 »

celtic1967 wrote:
Willywonka78 wrote:I have been accepted for ihr, how long does it take to receive a offer? It’s been over two weeks now and still haven’t heard anything?
OH doctor told me over phone he was recommending me for on Tuesday morning, got my figures when I went in for nightshift and paperwork was signed on Wednesday night.
I would say chase it up.
The question was posed on 25feb 2018 surely they have chased it up by now :hmmmm
celtic1967
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 136
Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 17:25
Gender: Male

ill health retirement.

Post by celtic1967 »

aiden01 wrote:
celtic1967 wrote:
Willywonka78 wrote:I have been accepted for ihr, how long does it take to receive a offer? It’s been over two weeks now and still haven’t heard anything?
OH doctor told me over phone he was recommending me for on Tuesday morning, got my figures when I went in for nightshift and paperwork was signed on Wednesday night.
I would say chase it up.
The question was posed on 25feb 2018 surely they have chased it up by now :hmmmm
Didnt see that bit, just trying to help
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

ill health retirement.

Post by aiden01 »

celtic1967 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
celtic1967 wrote:
Willywonka78 wrote:I have been accepted for ihr, how long does it take to receive a offer? It’s been over two weeks now and still haven’t heard anything?
OH doctor told me over phone he was recommending me for on Tuesday morning, got my figures when I went in for nightshift and paperwork was signed on Wednesday night.
I would say chase it up.
The question was posed on 25feb 2018 surely they have chased it up by now :hmmmm
Didnt see that bit, just trying to help
Was'nt having a go just pointing it out.
celtic1967
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 136
Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 17:25
Gender: Male

ill health retirement.

Post by celtic1967 »

No problem. Didnt take offence.