ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
ill health retirement.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
ill health retirement.
Just for your reference, you can't action any pension fund draw-downs (taking a tax-free proportion as a lump sum) until you are 55 under current legislation. It will sit as 'paid up' until then, or until you're up to 67 if you don't draw it down.
-
Willywonka78
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 02 Feb 2018, 13:35
- Gender: Female
ill health retirement.
I have been accepted for ihr, how long does it take to receive a offer? It’s been over two weeks now and still haven’t heard anything?
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
ill health retirement.
Willywonka78 wrote:I have been accepted for ihr, how long does it take to receive a offer? It’s been over two weeks now and still haven’t heard anything?
Weird. I was told on the phone by the manager, went to see him next day and it was all printed out for me to sign.
I'd chase it up.
-
rgrigg1988@gmail.com
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 16 Feb 2018, 11:07
- Gender: Male
ill health retirement.
I have 9 Years service, was on a 31 and half contract but generally worked above 40. What sort of lump sum should i be looking at for IHR. Thanks
-
Pforce1986
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 05 Feb 2019, 14:37
- Gender: Male
ill health retirement.
I have been through the occupational health route and reccomeneded by occupational health doctor for ill health retirement with lump sum payment. Just had a call from my manager saying I am not entitled to lump sum payment as my 12 months service is the 5th of November. They are offering me PILON only, is this right? Do they not need to provide me with notice as they have told me this only 15 days before my 12 months service. They are saying my last days service will be the 31st October.
-
celtic1967
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 17:25
- Gender: Male
ill health retirement.
OH doctor told me over phone he was recommending me for on Tuesday morning, got my figures when I went in for nightshift and paperwork was signed on Wednesday night.Willywonka78 wrote:I have been accepted for ihr, how long does it take to receive a offer? It’s been over two weeks now and still haven’t heard anything?
I would say chase it up.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
ill health retirement.
The question was posed on 25feb 2018 surely they have chased it up by nowceltic1967 wrote:OH doctor told me over phone he was recommending me for on Tuesday morning, got my figures when I went in for nightshift and paperwork was signed on Wednesday night.Willywonka78 wrote:I have been accepted for ihr, how long does it take to receive a offer? It’s been over two weeks now and still haven’t heard anything?
I would say chase it up.
-
celtic1967
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 17:25
- Gender: Male
ill health retirement.
Didnt see that bit, just trying to helpaiden01 wrote:The question was posed on 25feb 2018 surely they have chased it up by nowceltic1967 wrote:OH doctor told me over phone he was recommending me for on Tuesday morning, got my figures when I went in for nightshift and paperwork was signed on Wednesday night.Willywonka78 wrote:I have been accepted for ihr, how long does it take to receive a offer? It’s been over two weeks now and still haven’t heard anything?
I would say chase it up.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
ill health retirement.
Was'nt having a go just pointing it out.celtic1967 wrote:Didnt see that bit, just trying to helpaiden01 wrote:The question was posed on 25feb 2018 surely they have chased it up by nowceltic1967 wrote:OH doctor told me over phone he was recommending me for on Tuesday morning, got my figures when I went in for nightshift and paperwork was signed on Wednesday night.Willywonka78 wrote:I have been accepted for ihr, how long does it take to receive a offer? It’s been over two weeks now and still haven’t heard anything?
I would say chase it up.
-
celtic1967
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 17:25
- Gender: Male
ill health retirement.
No problem. Didnt take offence.