ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RMG Managers Pay Dispute
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
RMG Managers Pay Dispute
I'm not sure the managers will accept the current deal although I'm 'just' an OPG so I don't know. I gather they were not happy with the initial offer they were given. The posties accepted the last pay deal, which we now know wasn't worth a carrot, so maybe the managers will accept this one.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
RMG Managers Pay Dispute
Another ad hominem post. Though I find your assertion that you know the personal motivation of everyone who disagrees with you on a certain issue a little self indulgent.mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:I find it funny the number of people on here who are jealous of the managers who earn more and want to improve their life styles.
Get over it. If you want to earn more become a manager
Perhaps someday you may make a contribution to a discussion, even if contrary to others, without personalising it.
What you post is not against the rules, but you add nothing to the debate which is disappointing for a forum that tries to welcome all. Managers and supporters of their positions would probably be made more welcome by members if they showed respect to others viewpoints. You may think thats unfair, but managers are meant to be leaders, and leaders (and therefore managers) must be held to a higher level of standards, otherwise, they aren't leading anyone.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
RMG Managers Pay Dispute
Any managers ive spoken say they will vote no.Celgar wrote:I'm not sure the managers will accept the current deal although I'm 'just' an OPG so I don't know. I gather they were not happy with the initial offer they were given. The posties accepted the last pay deal, which we now know wasn't worth a carrot, so maybe the managers will accept this one.
-
Phantom
- Posts: 1234
- Joined: 27 Dec 2007, 18:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: New York
RMG Managers Pay Dispute
Jealous of a manager? Never in a million years - puppets on stringsmattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:I find it funny the number of people on here who are jealous of the managers who earn more and want to improve their life styles.
Get over it. If you want to earn more become a manager
Old Rico is planning on removing the line manager role and giving it to the Dom support - let the culling begin.
CUT OFF!!!
-
Tman
- Posts: 4146
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
RMG Managers Pay Dispute
I don't believe those managers are worth that sort of pay rise either, but does anyone really want to go down the route of pay rises being based on status,learning and comparative social worth?Trail wrote:And teachers get a pay increase of 2.75 (inflation is currently 1.7 in the UK so that means 0.95 increase in wages) ...for teaching children how to read, write, add-up, take-away, divide, learn about history, geography, PE, science, PSHE, English, Maths, social skills, everything.rogersh wrote:The RM/Unite deal;
Royal Mail said it had reached a negotiated agreement with Unite on a two-year pay deal for junior and middle-managers.
Under the proposals, managers will receive a pay increase of 2.6% this year, backdated to September 1, and a pay increase of 2.7% from September 1, 2020.
Over two years, this means a pay increase of 5.37%. Managers will also receive a £1,000 bonus advance in December 2019.
A ballot on the offer will now be held, said Royal Mail.
Please stop the world, I want to get off.
"This year, surgeons, doctors and nurses will get 5%, and RM employees will get 0%"
I can't think that anyone would argue for that scenario.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
RMG Managers Pay Dispute
you must be one of the ones who were on royal mail tv saying I LOVE MY JOB I LOVE THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH BEST THING I EVER DONE . HAVE CHEEK TO POST A REVIEW ON HERE TELLING US TO GET OVER IT ????????mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:I find it funny the number of people on here who are jealous of the managers who earn more and want to improve their life styles.
Get over it. If you want to earn more become a manager
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
RMG Managers Pay Dispute
Just ignore these posts,all they are trying to do is wind you up,and get a reaction.Very childish.maisymoo04 wrote:you must be one of the ones who were on royal mail tv saying I LOVE MY JOB I LOVE THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH BEST THING I EVER DONE . HAVE CHEEK TO POST A REVIEW ON HERE TELLING US TO GET OVER IT ????????mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:I find it funny the number of people on here who are jealous of the managers who earn more and want to improve their life styles.
Get over it. If you want to earn more become a manager![]()
![]()
![]()
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
RMG Managers Pay Dispute
Would love to know how much bull has been fed back up the chain to Rico about how vital managers are to the company because IMHO there are too many layers of managers.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
RMG Managers Pay Dispute
They sit down and scheme over how to bully, intimidate, bribe and twist staff to come in early, not take their breaks, rat on their fellow workers just so the office gets cleared every day. I won't say all managers don't deserve what they get, but pretty much all. Some of them talk a great job, are earning £40,000 and clear off to the second job by 1.wookie wrote:When we are out on delivery, what do they do? An empty office, on their own for over 4 hours. Especially when higher management want to cut thousands of jobs to save money. (bigger walks)
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3729
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
RMG Managers Pay Dispute
Everyday's a learning day on RM Chat!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Another ad hominem post.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
RMG Managers Pay Dispute
Lincox wrote:nd state pensioners get 4%!
rambo1
Offline
How do you work that one out?
I have been retired nearly five years and never had a pension increase of 4% during that period. I would also remind you that the basic state pension for newly retired people is about £165 a week depending on their NI record being full. If it was 4% ,which it isn't, then in money terms it would still be less than the 2.7% increase on a full time postmans wage. Yes there are a lot of well off pensioners but there are a damn sight more that have to struggle from week to week because this country's record for paying decent pensions is well down the list of nations that provide sustainable incomes for their retired citizens.
I see the letters and effects every day in my job. 100% what you said is true.
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
RMG Managers Pay Dispute
Preach, brother.redneck wrote:They sit down and scheme over how to bully, intimidate, bribe and twist staff to come in early, not take their breaks, rat on their fellow workers just so the office gets cleared every day. I won't say all managers don't deserve what they get, but pretty much all. Some of them talk a great job, are earning £40,000 and clear off to the second job by 1.wookie wrote:When we are out on delivery, what do they do? An empty office, on their own for over 4 hours. Especially when higher management want to cut thousands of jobs to save money. (bigger walks)
-
Rommagic
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52
RMG Managers Pay Dispute
What date we find out if managers accept deal?