ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RMG Managers Pay Dispute

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

RMG Managers Pay Dispute

Post by Celgar »

I'm not sure the managers will accept the current deal although I'm 'just' an OPG so I don't know. I gather they were not happy with the initial offer they were given. The posties accepted the last pay deal, which we now know wasn't worth a carrot, so maybe the managers will accept this one.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

RMG Managers Pay Dispute

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:I find it funny the number of people on here who are jealous of the managers who earn more and want to improve their life styles.

Get over it. If you want to earn more become a manager
Another ad hominem post. Though I find your assertion that you know the personal motivation of everyone who disagrees with you on a certain issue a little self indulgent.

Perhaps someday you may make a contribution to a discussion, even if contrary to others, without personalising it.

What you post is not against the rules, but you add nothing to the debate which is disappointing for a forum that tries to welcome all. Managers and supporters of their positions would probably be made more welcome by members if they showed respect to others viewpoints. You may think thats unfair, but managers are meant to be leaders, and leaders (and therefore managers) must be held to a higher level of standards, otherwise, they aren't leading anyone.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

RMG Managers Pay Dispute

Post by aiden01 »

Celgar wrote:I'm not sure the managers will accept the current deal although I'm 'just' an OPG so I don't know. I gather they were not happy with the initial offer they were given. The posties accepted the last pay deal, which we now know wasn't worth a carrot, so maybe the managers will accept this one.
Any managers ive spoken say they will vote no.
Phantom
Posts: 1234
Joined: 27 Dec 2007, 18:17
Gender: Female
Location: New York

RMG Managers Pay Dispute

Post by Phantom »

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:I find it funny the number of people on here who are jealous of the managers who earn more and want to improve their life styles.

Get over it. If you want to earn more become a manager
Jealous of a manager? Never in a million years - puppets on strings

Old Rico is planning on removing the line manager role and giving it to the Dom support - let the culling begin.
CUT OFF!!!
Tman
Posts: 4146
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

RMG Managers Pay Dispute

Post by Tman »

Trail wrote:
rogersh wrote:The RM/Unite deal;
Royal Mail said it had reached a negotiated agreement with Unite on a two-year pay deal for junior and middle-managers.
Under the proposals, managers will receive a pay increase of 2.6% this year, backdated to September 1, and a pay increase of 2.7% from September 1, 2020.
Over two years, this means a pay increase of 5.37%. Managers will also receive a £1,000 bonus advance in December 2019.
A ballot on the offer will now be held, said Royal Mail.
And teachers get a pay increase of 2.75 (inflation is currently 1.7 in the UK so that means 0.95 increase in wages) ...for teaching children how to read, write, add-up, take-away, divide, learn about history, geography, PE, science, PSHE, English, Maths, social skills, everything.
Please stop the world, I want to get off.
I don't believe those managers are worth that sort of pay rise either, but does anyone really want to go down the route of pay rises being based on status,learning and comparative social worth?
"This year, surgeons, doctors and nurses will get 5%, and RM employees will get 0%"
I can't think that anyone would argue for that scenario.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

RMG Managers Pay Dispute

Post by maisymoo04 »

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:I find it funny the number of people on here who are jealous of the managers who earn more and want to improve their life styles.

Get over it. If you want to earn more become a manager
you must be one of the ones who were on royal mail tv saying I LOVE MY JOB I LOVE THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH BEST THING I EVER DONE . HAVE CHEEK TO POST A REVIEW ON HERE TELLING US TO GET OVER IT ???????? :coolr :coolr :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

RMG Managers Pay Dispute

Post by Brandy »

maisymoo04 wrote:
mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:I find it funny the number of people on here who are jealous of the managers who earn more and want to improve their life styles.

Get over it. If you want to earn more become a manager
you must be one of the ones who were on royal mail tv saying I LOVE MY JOB I LOVE THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH BEST THING I EVER DONE . HAVE CHEEK TO POST A REVIEW ON HERE TELLING US TO GET OVER IT ???????? :coolr :coolr :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Just ignore these posts,all they are trying to do is wind you up,and get a reaction.Very childish.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

RMG Managers Pay Dispute

Post by maisymoo04 »

i no brandy :cuppa :cuppa
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

RMG Managers Pay Dispute

Post by postslippete »

Would love to know how much bull has been fed back up the chain to Rico about how vital managers are to the company because IMHO there are too many layers of managers.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

RMG Managers Pay Dispute

Post by redneck »

wookie wrote:When we are out on delivery, what do they do? An empty office, on their own for over 4 hours. Especially when higher management want to cut thousands of jobs to save money. (bigger walks)
They sit down and scheme over how to bully, intimidate, bribe and twist staff to come in early, not take their breaks, rat on their fellow workers just so the office gets cleared every day. I won't say all managers don't deserve what they get, but pretty much all. Some of them talk a great job, are earning £40,000 and clear off to the second job by 1.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3729
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

RMG Managers Pay Dispute

Post by yellowbelly »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Another ad hominem post.
Everyday's a learning day on RM Chat! :thumbup :thumbup
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

RMG Managers Pay Dispute

Post by Navalron »

Lincox wrote:nd state pensioners get 4%!
rambo1
Offline


How do you work that one out?
I have been retired nearly five years and never had a pension increase of 4% during that period. I would also remind you that the basic state pension for newly retired people is about £165 a week depending on their NI record being full. If it was 4% ,which it isn't, then in money terms it would still be less than the 2.7% increase on a full time postmans wage. Yes there are a lot of well off pensioners but there are a damn sight more that have to struggle from week to week because this country's record for paying decent pensions is well down the list of nations that provide sustainable incomes for their retired citizens.

I see the letters and effects every day in my job. 100% what you said is true. :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

RMG Managers Pay Dispute

Post by Trail »

redneck wrote:
wookie wrote:When we are out on delivery, what do they do? An empty office, on their own for over 4 hours. Especially when higher management want to cut thousands of jobs to save money. (bigger walks)
They sit down and scheme over how to bully, intimidate, bribe and twist staff to come in early, not take their breaks, rat on their fellow workers just so the office gets cleared every day. I won't say all managers don't deserve what they get, but pretty much all. Some of them talk a great job, are earning £40,000 and clear off to the second job by 1.
Preach, brother. :nana
Rommagic
Posts: 1518
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52

RMG Managers Pay Dispute

Post by Rommagic »

What date we find out if managers accept deal?