should have said you had gone forra shiteRedvannon wrote:I suspect you're right, and it's in real time. I got questioned about if I'd been somewhere just off route yesterday (which the manager obviously knew I had) which in my defence I spent about 10 mins at if that and I was getting food.SpacePhoenix wrote: They can see if you go off-route. I suspect that with the new thing that's been brought in, it might flag up automatically when someone goes off-route
Either that or I got reported by a fellow postie or woe betide a manager saw me. Wound me right up I have to admit.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Yellow dot
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Yellow dot
Better than going behind a bush I supposedaveyeff wrote:should have said you had gone forra shiteRedvannon wrote:I suspect you're right, and it's in real time. I got questioned about if I'd been somewhere just off route yesterday (which the manager obviously knew I had) which in my defence I spent about 10 mins at if that and I was getting food.SpacePhoenix wrote: They can see if you go off-route. I suspect that with the new thing that's been brought in, it might flag up automatically when someone goes off-route
Either that or I got reported by a fellow postie or woe betide a manager saw me. Wound me right up I have to admit.my driver does it regular if he's caught short. buggers off to tescos (which is off route) for a crap.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
and wiping your arse on a payslip 
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
Me neither. If I don't have anything to scan on that loop, the PDA is left behind. I have enough to carry without that contraption being in the way.claretandblue wrote:Don't carry mine with me, never been questioned about it too.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
how can you know if you don't have a scannable item in your bundled up loop? its not just packets. you could have a recorded 'signed for' letter or even some normal letters or small items in the bundle with a 2d barcode on. we've been told off management that we must have our PDAs on us at ALL times. mine goes on me wrist.bmccoll wrote:Me neither. If I don't have anything to scan on that loop, the PDA is left behind. I have enough to carry without that contraption being in the way.claretandblue wrote:Don't carry mine with me, never been questioned about it too.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Yellow dot
Your own payslip or someone else's?daveyeff wrote:been there, done it :![]()
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Yellow dot
I stop the van. I pick out all the mail for the next 3 or 4 houses or whatever, if there's a Signed For, I take the PDA with me.NorthernPostman wrote:NewPostieUK wrote:Same here. Mine is where it's meant to be most of the time - in it's dock.claretandblue wrote:Don't carry mine with me, never been questioned about it too.
Depends what you call a loop. I might have three houses in a row with no packets. I'll leave the PDA in it's dock, and go up three drives then back to the van. Long drives and/or a packet that doesn't need scanning mean this could take 5 mins +SpacePhoenix wrote:With the amount of packets that have got barcodes on them now, I find it hard to believe that there are some loops with nothing to scan
I don't understand how people can not carry their PDA with them. What do you do if your PDA is "in it's dock" and you get to a recorded letter in your loop?
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
some delivery offices don't have chargers in the van . didn't have them in our vans to save money on the budget apparantly
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
They're not chargers in the van,they are 'docks' to put the pda in.eastie wrote:some delivery offices don't have chargers in the van . didn't have them in our vans to save money on the budget apparantly
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12196
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
I wonder how long it'll be before RM insist on delivery staff having the PDA on them at all times from when they leave the depot to when they arrive back at the depot, and conduct code anyone who doesn't.
-
Alexei
- Posts: 222
- Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
The first part has been happening in our office for a while now, and the management have allocated us all holsters for them. On the second part, well I guess that could come soon, depending on how industrial relations go in the next few years.SpacePhoenix wrote:I wonder how long it'll be before RM insist on delivery staff having the PDA on them at all times from when they leave the depot to when they arrive back at the depot, and conduct code anyone who doesn't.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
been in ours for a couple of years. we don't have an argument to not carry them.SpacePhoenix wrote:I wonder how long it'll be before RM insist on delivery staff having the PDA on them at all times from when they leave the depot to when they arrive back at the depot, and conduct code anyone who doesn't.
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Yellow dot
There is no reason not to carry your PDA on you at all times. Look at the size of it!