ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Supermarket Petrol only!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
masterblaster
Posts: 285
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
Gender: Male

Supermarket Petrol only!!

Post by masterblaster »

Celgar wrote:RM are on the scrimp and scrape again but only shoot themselves in the foot as a result.
The yellow/gold & black fuel cards have been taken away and replaced with light blue ones. We can no longer fill up the Vans at petrol garages such as Esso, Shell etc anymore - can only use supermarket chain petrol stations.
I used to go to small chain petrol garage just a mile off the edge of my rural walk route. The garage sold fuel at nearly the same price as the supermarkets as they have to compete on price. Now I have to go to a supermarket in another town which takes 25 minutes and is a fourteen mile round trip. Not very environmentally friendly and wastes fuel and costs more money not less!
If RM is this short on cash they might as well put the company into receivership or hand it back to the nation.
I used the new grey card at ESSO yesterday!
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Supermarket Petrol only!!

Post by maisymoo04 »

kingdazzler wrote:I used to work at Asda and was told by the fuel tanker delivery driver not to use supermarket fuel because it's crap. It's cheaper for a reason.
:Applause :Applause :Applause :chuckle :chuckle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Supermarket Petrol only!!

Post by Celgar »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Celgar wrote:RM are on the scrimp and scrape again but only shoot themselves in the foot as a result.
The yellow/gold & black fuel cards have been taken away and replaced with light blue ones. We can no longer fill up the Vans at petrol garages such as Esso, Shell etc anymore - can only use supermarket chain petrol stations.
I used to go to small chain petrol garage just a mile off the edge of my rural walk route. The garage sold fuel at nearly the same price as the supermarkets as they have to compete on price. Now I have to go to a supermarket in another town which takes 25 minutes and is a fourteen mile round trip. Not very environmentally friendly and wastes fuel and costs more money not less!
If RM is this short on cash they might as well put the company into receivership or hand it back to the nation.
25 minutes each way or both ways combined? Think of it this way, that's potentially 25mins worth of cut-off the manager has to deal with
25 minutes total round trip with much of the journey on a fast bypass road but the supermarket & petrol station is always busy so there are queues.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3730
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Supermarket Petrol only!!

Post by yellowbelly »

Celgar wrote:........ We can no longer fill up the Vans at petrol garages such as Esso, Shell etc anymore - can only use supermarket chain petrol stations..
Depends - if you look at the All Star website the light blue All Star Supermarket + card can be used at other garages which are part of the discount diesel
network (as well as the supermarkets). Check out the coverage under the specific card on the All Star website:


https://www.allstarcard.co.uk/our-cards/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Supermarket Petrol only!!

Post by Celgar »

yellowbelly wrote:
Celgar wrote:........ We can no longer fill up the Vans at petrol garages such as Esso, Shell etc anymore - can only use supermarket chain petrol stations..
Depends - if you look at the All Star website the light blue All Star Supermarket + card can be used at other garages which are part of the discount diesel
network (as well as the supermarkets). Check out the coverage under the specific card on the All Star website:


https://www.allstarcard.co.uk/our-cards/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you very much for providing that link. The map tool on their website doesn't work very well unless it was just me but if you download their app from Google Play that is much easier to use. Turns out the petrol station I used to go to less than a mile off route from my rural is allowed to accept seven of the all-star cards including the blue supermarket one. I will explain this to our DOM tomorrow and ask him to get it confirmed with RM. Cheers again.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Supermarket Petrol only!!

Post by Seymour Buts »

They told us the same, I suspect they're just saying it so people go to the supermarkets. They get it at a discount price apparently.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Supermarket Petrol only!!

Post by Celgar »

postietom wrote:They told us the same, I suspect they're just saying it so people go to the supermarkets. They get it at a discount price apparently.
I have to get it confirmed by our DOM but the All-star app can show you non-supermarket stations where the blue cards can be used at.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Supermarket Petrol only!!

Post by maisymoo04 »

kingdazzler wrote:I used to work at Asda and was told by the fuel tanker delivery driver not to use supermarket fuel because it's crap. It's cheaper for a reason.
saying this i fill my car up every week in the asda on the way in and i have had no problem with it, car seems ok to me.Not being funny the reserve i was driving this week because mines in the workshop for a inspection was a 57 plate combo with 149.000 miles on the clock , blew black smoke and stunk of diesel :whistle :whistle and not mentioning what the inside was like. :nervous :nervous
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Daveg50
Posts: 40
Joined: 02 Jun 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

Supermarket Petrol only!!

Post by Daveg50 »

I have been to Grangemouth refinery, and I can tell you that a Esso, Shell tanker will fill up at a station on site then pull away. Along comes a ASDA petrol tanker who will also fill up from the same delivery point it is a total myth that ASDA or Tesco use cheap fuel it is all the same. If there is a problem at a ASDA or Tesco petrol station then it is down to the way the fuel is stored, cleaned or dipped it the underground storage tank. not the fuel.
Mr Blonde
Posts: 337
Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44

Supermarket Petrol only!!

Post by Mr Blonde »

Can I use my nectar cards for the points?
yellowbelly
Posts: 3730
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Supermarket Petrol only!!

Post by yellowbelly »

Mr Blonde wrote:Can I use my nectar cards for the points?
I think I've seen it mentioned before that if you did either the points technically belong to RM and/or you should declare the points to HMRC
as a gift in kind or something like that. :shhhhh
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Supermarket Petrol only!!

Post by Celgar »

yellowbelly wrote:
Mr Blonde wrote:Can I use my nectar cards for the points?
I think I've seen it mentioned before that if you did either the points technically belong to RM and/or you should declare the points to HMRC
as a gift in kind or something like that. :shhhhh
I do know of posties that have done that with Shell & Tesco cards but personally I would be uncomfortable about doing it.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
ginga
Posts: 9
Joined: 01 Oct 2013, 20:42
Gender: Male

Supermarket Petrol only!!

Post by ginga »

was told by our dom 3 weeks ago at wtl that if we used our tesco clubcards when filling up rm vans we could get the sack
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Supermarket Petrol only!!

Post by maisymoo04 »

I always use me club card for Tesco and Sainsburys necter?? also get a top car wash and use it on me own car :nervous :nervous :whistle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Supermarket Petrol only!!

Post by Celgar »

The latest on this story is that our current DOM has contacted RM with the information from the All-star app. Unfortunately RM apparently have no knowledge of this information so I think we will visit the non supermarket garages locally that are supposed to accept the 'supermarket +' card, buy a pounds worth of fuel, and see if the card is accepted.
Updates to follow.......
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.