I used the new grey card at ESSO yesterday!Celgar wrote:RM are on the scrimp and scrape again but only shoot themselves in the foot as a result.
The yellow/gold & black fuel cards have been taken away and replaced with light blue ones. We can no longer fill up the Vans at petrol garages such as Esso, Shell etc anymore - can only use supermarket chain petrol stations.
I used to go to small chain petrol garage just a mile off the edge of my rural walk route. The garage sold fuel at nearly the same price as the supermarkets as they have to compete on price. Now I have to go to a supermarket in another town which takes 25 minutes and is a fourteen mile round trip. Not very environmentally friendly and wastes fuel and costs more money not less!
If RM is this short on cash they might as well put the company into receivership or hand it back to the nation.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Supermarket Petrol only!!
-
masterblaster
- Posts: 285
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Supermarket Petrol only!!
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Supermarket Petrol only!!
kingdazzler wrote:I used to work at Asda and was told by the fuel tanker delivery driver not to use supermarket fuel because it's crap. It's cheaper for a reason.
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Supermarket Petrol only!!
25 minutes total round trip with much of the journey on a fast bypass road but the supermarket & petrol station is always busy so there are queues.SpacePhoenix wrote:25 minutes each way or both ways combined? Think of it this way, that's potentially 25mins worth of cut-off the manager has to deal withCelgar wrote:RM are on the scrimp and scrape again but only shoot themselves in the foot as a result.
The yellow/gold & black fuel cards have been taken away and replaced with light blue ones. We can no longer fill up the Vans at petrol garages such as Esso, Shell etc anymore - can only use supermarket chain petrol stations.
I used to go to small chain petrol garage just a mile off the edge of my rural walk route. The garage sold fuel at nearly the same price as the supermarkets as they have to compete on price. Now I have to go to a supermarket in another town which takes 25 minutes and is a fourteen mile round trip. Not very environmentally friendly and wastes fuel and costs more money not less!
If RM is this short on cash they might as well put the company into receivership or hand it back to the nation.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3730
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Supermarket Petrol only!!
Depends - if you look at the All Star website the light blue All Star Supermarket + card can be used at other garages which are part of the discount dieselCelgar wrote:........ We can no longer fill up the Vans at petrol garages such as Esso, Shell etc anymore - can only use supermarket chain petrol stations..
network (as well as the supermarkets). Check out the coverage under the specific card on the All Star website:
https://www.allstarcard.co.uk/our-cards/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Supermarket Petrol only!!
Thank you very much for providing that link. The map tool on their website doesn't work very well unless it was just me but if you download their app from Google Play that is much easier to use. Turns out the petrol station I used to go to less than a mile off route from my rural is allowed to accept seven of the all-star cards including the blue supermarket one. I will explain this to our DOM tomorrow and ask him to get it confirmed with RM. Cheers again.yellowbelly wrote:Depends - if you look at the All Star website the light blue All Star Supermarket + card can be used at other garages which are part of the discount dieselCelgar wrote:........ We can no longer fill up the Vans at petrol garages such as Esso, Shell etc anymore - can only use supermarket chain petrol stations..
network (as well as the supermarkets). Check out the coverage under the specific card on the All Star website:
https://www.allstarcard.co.uk/our-cards/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Supermarket Petrol only!!
They told us the same, I suspect they're just saying it so people go to the supermarkets. They get it at a discount price apparently.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Supermarket Petrol only!!
I have to get it confirmed by our DOM but the All-star app can show you non-supermarket stations where the blue cards can be used at.postietom wrote:They told us the same, I suspect they're just saying it so people go to the supermarkets. They get it at a discount price apparently.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Supermarket Petrol only!!
saying this i fill my car up every week in the asda on the way in and i have had no problem with it, car seems ok to me.Not being funny the reserve i was driving this week because mines in the workshop for a inspection was a 57 plate combo with 149.000 miles on the clock , blew black smoke and stunk of dieselkingdazzler wrote:I used to work at Asda and was told by the fuel tanker delivery driver not to use supermarket fuel because it's crap. It's cheaper for a reason.
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Daveg50
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 02 Jun 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Supermarket Petrol only!!
I have been to Grangemouth refinery, and I can tell you that a Esso, Shell tanker will fill up at a station on site then pull away. Along comes a ASDA petrol tanker who will also fill up from the same delivery point it is a total myth that ASDA or Tesco use cheap fuel it is all the same. If there is a problem at a ASDA or Tesco petrol station then it is down to the way the fuel is stored, cleaned or dipped it the underground storage tank. not the fuel.
-
Mr Blonde
- Posts: 337
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44
Supermarket Petrol only!!
Can I use my nectar cards for the points?
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3730
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Supermarket Petrol only!!
I think I've seen it mentioned before that if you did either the points technically belong to RM and/or you should declare the points to HMRCMr Blonde wrote:Can I use my nectar cards for the points?
as a gift in kind or something like that.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Supermarket Petrol only!!
I do know of posties that have done that with Shell & Tesco cards but personally I would be uncomfortable about doing it.yellowbelly wrote:I think I've seen it mentioned before that if you did either the points technically belong to RM and/or you should declare the points to HMRCMr Blonde wrote:Can I use my nectar cards for the points?
as a gift in kind or something like that.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
ginga
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 01 Oct 2013, 20:42
- Gender: Male
Supermarket Petrol only!!
was told by our dom 3 weeks ago at wtl that if we used our tesco clubcards when filling up rm vans we could get the sack
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Supermarket Petrol only!!
I always use me club card for Tesco and Sainsburys necter?? also get a top car wash and use it on me own car

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Supermarket Petrol only!!
The latest on this story is that our current DOM has contacted RM with the information from the All-star app. Unfortunately RM apparently have no knowledge of this information so I think we will visit the non supermarket garages locally that are supposed to accept the 'supermarket +' card, buy a pounds worth of fuel, and see if the card is accepted.
Updates to follow.......
Updates to follow.......
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.