ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Letterboxes on new doors.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ripio
Posts: 233
Joined: 06 Sep 2008, 23:32
Gender: Male

Letterboxes on new doors.

Post by ripio »

Janet Brum wrote:
Also on low level flaps I make sure I fold and push the letters through so they get stack and the owners with brilliant ideas to fit a low level flap will have to bend to pick them up. It`s the least I can do for their backs, return the favour.
They have to bend to pick them up whether the letters get stuck or not, they have to bend to pick them up with most waist level letterboxes too, as the letters fall onto the floor. :hmmmm
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Letterboxes on new doors.

Post by Janet Brum »

Yes but they also have to unstuck the letters from the low level ones, especially the metal ones with hard springs, I hate those and I`ll never put my fingers through them.
So double the bending for them :Very Happy
exetererica
Posts: 152
Joined: 07 Nov 2010, 11:21
Gender: Male

Letterboxes on new doors.

Post by exetererica »

.
Last edited by exetererica on 20 Apr 2020, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
twoloops
Posts: 2041
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Letterboxes on new doors.

Post by twoloops »

Make sure when you take you sick leave & struggling for an excuse use bad back & low level letterboxes :dance
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Letterboxes on new doors.

Post by arnold cheshire »

exetererica wrote:
mattycash wrote:I had a ground level & very slim letterbox on my walk so I knocked every visit with the mail, if no one answered I dated it & put it back in frame until next day, he soon fitted an outdoor metal box.
Anyone know if this is this the correct procedure?

I P739 virtually everything for L.L.L.Bs.

(Just thought I'd ask on here as sick of asking my DOM)
you have to bend down to post the 739
twoloops
Posts: 2041
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Letterboxes on new doors.

Post by twoloops »

If they are not in just date it (endorsed it) & take it back, it will go eventually, it's not worth damaging your back.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Letterboxes on new doors.

Post by Celgar »

exetererica wrote:
mattycash wrote:I had a ground level & very slim letterbox on my walk so I knocked every visit with the mail, if no one answered I dated it & put it back in frame until next day, he soon fitted an outdoor metal box.
Anyone know if this is this the correct procedure?

I P739 virtually everything for L.L.L.Bs.

(Just thought I'd ask on here as sick of asking my DOM)
If you cannot deliver to an address point for whatever reason the correct procedure is to inform the DOM on your return to the delivery office. They then have deal with it.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Letterboxes on new doors.

Post by ewancurze »

ANOTHER one put in on my walk today, I told them about the law change but it is not going to be until 2020 at the earliest.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Letterboxes on new doors.

Post by arnold cheshire »

ewancurze wrote:ANOTHER one put in on my walk today, I told them about the law change but it is not going to be until 2020 at the earliest.
The law change will only affect new builds
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Letterboxes on new doors.

Post by ewancurze »

arnold cheshire wrote:
ewancurze wrote:ANOTHER one put in on my walk today, I told them about the law change but it is not going to be until 2020 at the earliest.
The law change will only affect new builds
Does that mean that older houses can just change the front door and then put a low level in then?

Not good.
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Letterboxes on new doors.

Post by ewancurze »

ewancurze wrote:ANOTHER one put in on my walk today, I told them about the law change but it is not going to be until 2020 at the earliest.
A large wall box has now been put up...the guy doing the door must have passed on my concerns.
I feel guilty now :oops:
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Letterboxes on new doors.

Post by Janet Brum »

Congratulations, less bending for you :nana
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Letterboxes on new doors.

Post by arnold cheshire »

Reply with please place a letter box higher up