They have to bend to pick them up whether the letters get stuck or not, they have to bend to pick them up with most waist level letterboxes too, as the letters fall onto the floor.Janet Brum wrote:
Also on low level flaps I make sure I fold and push the letters through so they get stack and the owners with brilliant ideas to fit a low level flap will have to bend to pick them up. It`s the least I can do for their backs, return the favour.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Letterboxes on new doors.
-
ripio
- Posts: 233
- Joined: 06 Sep 2008, 23:32
- Gender: Male
Letterboxes on new doors.
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Letterboxes on new doors.
Yes but they also have to unstuck the letters from the low level ones, especially the metal ones with hard springs, I hate those and I`ll never put my fingers through them.
So double the bending for them
So double the bending for them
-
exetererica
- Posts: 152
- Joined: 07 Nov 2010, 11:21
- Gender: Male
Letterboxes on new doors.
.
Last edited by exetererica on 20 Apr 2020, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2041
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Letterboxes on new doors.
Make sure when you take you sick leave & struggling for an excuse use bad back & low level letterboxes 
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Letterboxes on new doors.
you have to bend down to post the 739exetererica wrote:Anyone know if this is this the correct procedure?mattycash wrote:I had a ground level & very slim letterbox on my walk so I knocked every visit with the mail, if no one answered I dated it & put it back in frame until next day, he soon fitted an outdoor metal box.
I P739 virtually everything for L.L.L.Bs.
(Just thought I'd ask on here as sick of asking my DOM)
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2041
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Letterboxes on new doors.
If they are not in just date it (endorsed it) & take it back, it will go eventually, it's not worth damaging your back.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Letterboxes on new doors.
If you cannot deliver to an address point for whatever reason the correct procedure is to inform the DOM on your return to the delivery office. They then have deal with it.exetererica wrote:Anyone know if this is this the correct procedure?mattycash wrote:I had a ground level & very slim letterbox on my walk so I knocked every visit with the mail, if no one answered I dated it & put it back in frame until next day, he soon fitted an outdoor metal box.
I P739 virtually everything for L.L.L.Bs.
(Just thought I'd ask on here as sick of asking my DOM)
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Letterboxes on new doors.
ANOTHER one put in on my walk today, I told them about the law change but it is not going to be until 2020 at the earliest.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Letterboxes on new doors.
The law change will only affect new buildsewancurze wrote:ANOTHER one put in on my walk today, I told them about the law change but it is not going to be until 2020 at the earliest.
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Letterboxes on new doors.
Does that mean that older houses can just change the front door and then put a low level in then?arnold cheshire wrote:The law change will only affect new buildsewancurze wrote:ANOTHER one put in on my walk today, I told them about the law change but it is not going to be until 2020 at the earliest.
Not good.
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Letterboxes on new doors.
A large wall box has now been put up...the guy doing the door must have passed on my concerns.ewancurze wrote:ANOTHER one put in on my walk today, I told them about the law change but it is not going to be until 2020 at the earliest.
I feel guilty now
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Letterboxes on new doors.
Congratulations, less bending for you 
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Letterboxes on new doors.
Reply with please place a letter box higher up