ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Posties most favoured sock

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Posties most favoured sock

Post by cloherty1976 »

Footjoy
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Posties most favoured sock

Post by GT85 »

For blister avoidance try a thin pair of trainer socks under your normal socks.
Last edited by GT85 on 26 Jun 2019, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.
We're all here because we're not all there
carpathia_kuja
Posts: 86
Joined: 19 Apr 2009, 20:24
Gender: Male
Location: Toon

Posties most favoured sock

Post by carpathia_kuja »

Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely try out the merino socks.
deristrong
Posts: 195
Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
Gender: Male

Posties most favoured sock

Post by deristrong »

I wore jazzy knee highs (with shorts) in the winter and got bollocked!
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Posties most favoured sock

Post by k979aaa »

deristrong wrote:I wore jazzy knee highs (with shorts) in the winter and got bollocked!
Did not know RM provide socks or underpants the choice is yours
mozsupportsrovers
Posts: 25
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:22
Gender: Male

Posties most favoured sock

Post by mozsupportsrovers »

I’ve found, for a mid range price and mid range longevity, Jeep hiking socks from TK Maxx. Usually about £7 for 3 pairs and they seem to last about 6-8 months
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Posties most favoured sock

Post by Sir Henry »

An old sports sock I keep down the side of the bed.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Posties most favoured sock

Post by arnold cheshire »

Football socks
Rael, the IAK
Posts: 109
Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 13:08
Gender: Male

Posties most favoured sock

Post by Rael, the IAK »

I bought some work socks from Sainsbury's when I started in January. They seemed good. Although in conjunction with the RM Easyflex trainers my feet were suffering on heavy days, so bought some Karrimors. And I've got some thick trainer socks from Tesco to wear in the current weather.
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Posties most favoured sock

Post by Trail »

deristrong wrote:I wore jazzy knee highs (with shorts) in the winter and got bollocked!
This post has just got me crying. :Very Happy
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Posties most favoured sock

Post by Trail »

Everlast trainer socks.

Wear shorts all year round (legs dry, trousers don't - well they do but they take forever).

DO NOT TOUCH RM shoes. A decent pair of trainers (I use Nike Revolution 3) and you'll be fine with (no) blisters.

When I started with RM I bought thick socks, thermal underwear, gloves, woolly hats. I didn't wear any. I started in December and was walking round my delivery in polo shirt sleeves, shorts and non-RM shoes. I only touched the big coat if it was sh*tting it down with rain.

Posties moan too much. I'm never get cold apart from on the first bag when you get out of the warm van and into the cold. It takes ten minutes to get warm...the rest of the time I'm never cold.