ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Posties most favoured sock
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Posties most favoured sock
Footjoy
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Posties most favoured sock
For blister avoidance try a thin pair of trainer socks under your normal socks.
Last edited by GT85 on 26 Jun 2019, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.
We're all here because we're not all there
-
carpathia_kuja
- Posts: 86
- Joined: 19 Apr 2009, 20:24
- Gender: Male
- Location: Toon
Posties most favoured sock
Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely try out the merino socks.
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Posties most favoured sock
I wore jazzy knee highs (with shorts) in the winter and got bollocked!
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Posties most favoured sock
Did not know RM provide socks or underpants the choice is yoursderistrong wrote:I wore jazzy knee highs (with shorts) in the winter and got bollocked!
-
mozsupportsrovers
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Posties most favoured sock
I’ve found, for a mid range price and mid range longevity, Jeep hiking socks from TK Maxx. Usually about £7 for 3 pairs and they seem to last about 6-8 months
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Posties most favoured sock
An old sports sock I keep down the side of the bed.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Posties most favoured sock
Football socks
-
Rael, the IAK
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 13:08
- Gender: Male
Posties most favoured sock
I bought some work socks from Sainsbury's when I started in January. They seemed good. Although in conjunction with the RM Easyflex trainers my feet were suffering on heavy days, so bought some Karrimors. And I've got some thick trainer socks from Tesco to wear in the current weather.
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Posties most favoured sock
This post has just got me crying.deristrong wrote:I wore jazzy knee highs (with shorts) in the winter and got bollocked!
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Posties most favoured sock
Everlast trainer socks.
Wear shorts all year round (legs dry, trousers don't - well they do but they take forever).
DO NOT TOUCH RM shoes. A decent pair of trainers (I use Nike Revolution 3) and you'll be fine with (no) blisters.
When I started with RM I bought thick socks, thermal underwear, gloves, woolly hats. I didn't wear any. I started in December and was walking round my delivery in polo shirt sleeves, shorts and non-RM shoes. I only touched the big coat if it was sh*tting it down with rain.
Posties moan too much. I'm never get cold apart from on the first bag when you get out of the warm van and into the cold. It takes ten minutes to get warm...the rest of the time I'm never cold.
Wear shorts all year round (legs dry, trousers don't - well they do but they take forever).
DO NOT TOUCH RM shoes. A decent pair of trainers (I use Nike Revolution 3) and you'll be fine with (no) blisters.
When I started with RM I bought thick socks, thermal underwear, gloves, woolly hats. I didn't wear any. I started in December and was walking round my delivery in polo shirt sleeves, shorts and non-RM shoes. I only touched the big coat if it was sh*tting it down with rain.
Posties moan too much. I'm never get cold apart from on the first bag when you get out of the warm van and into the cold. It takes ten minutes to get warm...the rest of the time I'm never cold.