ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
itinerant
Posts: 156
Joined: 16 Sep 2017, 17:54
Gender: Male

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by itinerant »

mattycash wrote:What's the sizing like on those itinerant?
they do half sizes and i always wear half size up for work and they fit fine. As Rael says, they are not waterproof but other than that they are way better than any RM shoes I have had (lighter and a better grip).
Hitcher
Posts: 1535
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by Hitcher »

Looking at the flowchart for claiming and I notice they only have to have a CE mark if they're PPE, so are our shoes classed as PPE?
Scama_bug
Posts: 35
Joined: 30 Mar 2019, 22:43
Gender: Male

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by Scama_bug »

itinerant wrote:I use these https://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-s ... e=18301303

They are only £30. I did not think they would be up to much for the price but they have been brilliant. Lightweight and with good grip + the sole is only now showing signs of wear and tear after 4 months and are ready to be replaced.
I have to agree that these are pretty good, as for the raining season/winter I reccomend the Karimour Hot Route( also waterproof).
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by Trail »

I wore RM shoes for six months tops.

Magnum are awful.

CAT - both boots and 'trainers' are just heavy footwear that just slows you down.

Get a pair of Nike Revolution 3. Light as it gets, not waterproof, but you'll dry.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

itinerant wrote:I use these https://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-s ... e=18301303

They are only £30. I did not think they would be up to much for the price but they have been brilliant. Lightweight and with good grip + the sole is only now showing signs of wear and tear after 4 months and are ready to be replaced.
Those are the ones I buy too although my last pair was a children's size 6.5 so a bit cheaper. Karrimor trainers are so comfy!
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by aiden01 »

peshwaarinaan wrote:
itinerant wrote:I use these https://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-s ... e=18301303

They are only £30. I did not think they would be up to much for the price but they have been brilliant. Lightweight and with good grip + the sole is only now showing signs of wear and tear after 4 months and are ready to be replaced.
Those are the ones I buy too although my last pair was a children's size 6.5 so a bit cheaper. Karrimor trainers are so comfy!
Same here although bigger size :Very Happy bit dearer last pair i got £26-99 which rm paid for.. buy 3 pair a year never fail to get money back :thumbup
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by Trail »

I haven't read the full thread (I don't think) but don't you buy the insoles from Boots. They're supposed to be fine...takes your pain away.
twoloops
Posts: 2041
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Best Royal Mail shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Post by twoloops »

A pair of wooden clogs or bear feet would be better than the cheap shite Royal Mail supply you.