In that case then you should know how things workdougfunny892 wrote:Been a postie 16 years. Things are about to change. Just giving you the heads up.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Overtime confusion
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
-
dougfunny892
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
I made up the original post just to see what responses i got. Obvious there are a great deal of short sighted posties who are giving RM plenty of rope to hang themselves by. Unfortunately it will affect Posties who do the job properly when management start quoting runners figures. When they add a couple of lines to your round it will impossible to argue when you have proved you can do it countless times.
-
dougfunny892
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
Keep a look out for your Area Manager. He's the guy in suit rubbing his hands together.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
Oh, ladies and gentlemen we have a fantasist here.dougfunny892 wrote:I made up the original post just to see what responses i got. Obvious there are a great deal of short sighted posties who are giving RM plenty of rope to hang themselves by. Unfortunately it will affect Posties who do the job properly when management start quoting runners figures. When they add a couple of lines to your round it will impossible to argue when you have proved you can do it countless times.
It wouldn’t actually surprise me if next you admit to being a line manager who is angry that posties are earning more than you
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
I know who he is, I’ve been in meetings with himdougfunny892 wrote:Keep a look out for your Area Manager. He's the guy in suit rubbing his hands together.
-
dougfunny892
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
Yes number 1 im the fantasist and you will definitely proved to be right. I think ive met my match.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
all the part timers who they keep employing knowing theyll be hungry for a need of their hours making up to a decent weekly wage - this has already happened at our office. Or of course, the people who were doing it before and need the money.j1mmyc wrote:So who's gonna do the overtime when walks are failing, it happened in our office when we were told pda actuals were coming in everyone said no to overtime and within and hour if that it was as you were and the overtime was covered so go figure, if posties stick together and refuse then nothing will changePostie45 wrote:youre going to hear all of the "wont happen, heard it before comments" and i understand why some people are saying that.
I think theyre in for a rude awakening this time, hope they dont rely on the OT or are happy to work much later.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
Rurals sound easy at your office!!! Mine I can barely squeeze into one york level stacked and takes me between 5 and 7 hrs from leaving office to return including half my break!dougfunny892 wrote:Hi, my round has a lot of new builds on it and has not been sorted out it yet. Subsequently, I'm going an hour over my time. When I went to book it today a fellow postie came in to sign the sheet and told me he was getting paid till 5, 4 hours overtime. He said because he had done just short of 2 rounds. I don't know what he had done to achieve this but to me it is irrelevant. He finished at the same time as me and should be paid 1 hours overtime or I should be paid 4 hours. On a different subject, I thought they are using PDA actuals, the rural drivers were going out at 8am for a 1 o clock finish, 5 hours for a bread tray of mail?
-
dougfunny892
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
Yeah must be at our office. Sorry to tar you with same brush. Watching them at their frames preening them like a birds nest. Then shooting off mega early with a bread tray of mail.
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
A lot of Posties are stuck in their ways.number one wrote:In that case then you should know how things workdougfunny892 wrote:Been a postie 16 years. Things are about to change. Just giving you the heads up.
Coming in early, cutting every corner possible to get home to watch bargain hunt or whatever it is they're in such a rush for. It's fairly clear to anybody that's been paying attention over the last couple years, that they're f***ing themselves (and others) over.
It's all being measured, the data is being collected, the software systems are in place, it's becoming increasingly difficult for managers to turn a blind eye, as pressure is mounting from above.
I really struggle with the argument that none of those systems will ever be used against you? What purpose do you think they serve?
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
This thread is like a microcosm of our DO...posties bickering amongst themselves about what is fair and what isn't. The ones with piss easy duties finish early and snaffle up the creamy docket, the ones with heavy duties go over every day just to finish.
And resentment builds .
Posties snipe amongst each other and behind each other's backs.
And nothing ever changes.
It's fair if you get the 'deals' and unfair if you don't. Me, personally, I just come in on time, do the job properly and go home on time. I gave up worrying about what any other f****r is doing or earning a long time ago. Doesn't bother me anymore.
You can't change it, so why waste time stressing about it? Shrug your shoulders, think fair play to them and have a happy, relaxed day.
And resentment builds .
Posties snipe amongst each other and behind each other's backs.
And nothing ever changes.
It's fair if you get the 'deals' and unfair if you don't. Me, personally, I just come in on time, do the job properly and go home on time. I gave up worrying about what any other f****r is doing or earning a long time ago. Doesn't bother me anymore.
You can't change it, so why waste time stressing about it? Shrug your shoulders, think fair play to them and have a happy, relaxed day.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
Do you ever cut off or is your delivery just right?crimson king wrote:Me, personally, I just come in on time, do the job properly and go home on time
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
I cut off/negotiate leaving stuff and go through the usual bickering and cutting off blues when I need to, yes.Bahia Feliz wrote:Do you ever cut off or is your delivery just right?crimson king wrote:Me, personally, I just come in on time, do the job properly and go home on time
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Overtime confusion
No wonder the jobs f****d, with attitudes like this.number one wrote:Won’t happen, I’m certainly not scared of PDA actuals. I can finish before 12 most days I would have to do another full round to actually take me up to my finish time and that’s certainly not going to happen. I’ll do it for overtime thoughdougfunny892 wrote:Efficiency doesn't come into it you have shown you have time in your duty. Cant argue with more lapse the PDA actuals will show it.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Overtime confusion
You see that is just fantasy. It wouldn’t happen as the CWU would stop itNavalron wrote:No wonder the jobs f****d, with attitudes like this.number one wrote:Won’t happen, I’m certainly not scared of PDA actuals. I can finish before 12 most days I would have to do another full round to actually take me up to my finish time and that’s certainly not going to happen. I’ll do it for overtime thoughdougfunny892 wrote:Efficiency doesn't come into it you have shown you have time in your duty. Cant argue with more lapse the PDA actuals will show it.. PDAs will catch you or they will stop all overtime for regular posties, full and part time and use anguard casuals to come in and mop up everything that's left and they won't give a toss it their out until 8pm as most will be on £8:21 per hour with no other allowances/supplements.