ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Overtime confusion

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by number one »

dougfunny892 wrote:Been a postie 16 years. Things are about to change. Just giving you the heads up.
In that case then you should know how things work
dougfunny892
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by dougfunny892 »

I made up the original post just to see what responses i got. Obvious there are a great deal of short sighted posties who are giving RM plenty of rope to hang themselves by. Unfortunately it will affect Posties who do the job properly when management start quoting runners figures. When they add a couple of lines to your round it will impossible to argue when you have proved you can do it countless times.
dougfunny892
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by dougfunny892 »

Keep a look out for your Area Manager. He's the guy in suit rubbing his hands together.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by number one »

dougfunny892 wrote:I made up the original post just to see what responses i got. Obvious there are a great deal of short sighted posties who are giving RM plenty of rope to hang themselves by. Unfortunately it will affect Posties who do the job properly when management start quoting runners figures. When they add a couple of lines to your round it will impossible to argue when you have proved you can do it countless times.
Oh, ladies and gentlemen we have a fantasist here.
It wouldn’t actually surprise me if next you admit to being a line manager who is angry that posties are earning more than you
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by number one »

dougfunny892 wrote:Keep a look out for your Area Manager. He's the guy in suit rubbing his hands together.
I know who he is, I’ve been in meetings with him
dougfunny892
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by dougfunny892 »

Yes number 1 im the fantasist and you will definitely proved to be right. I think ive met my match.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by Postie45 »

j1mmyc wrote:
Postie45 wrote:youre going to hear all of the "wont happen, heard it before comments" and i understand why some people are saying that.
I think theyre in for a rude awakening this time, hope they dont rely on the OT or are happy to work much later.
So who's gonna do the overtime when walks are failing, it happened in our office when we were told pda actuals were coming in everyone said no to overtime and within and hour if that it was as you were and the overtime was covered so go figure, if posties stick together and refuse then nothing will change
all the part timers who they keep employing knowing theyll be hungry for a need of their hours making up to a decent weekly wage - this has already happened at our office. Or of course, the people who were doing it before and need the money.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by rambo1 »

dougfunny892 wrote:Hi, my round has a lot of new builds on it and has not been sorted out it yet. Subsequently, I'm going an hour over my time. When I went to book it today a fellow postie came in to sign the sheet and told me he was getting paid till 5, 4 hours overtime. He said because he had done just short of 2 rounds. I don't know what he had done to achieve this but to me it is irrelevant. He finished at the same time as me and should be paid 1 hours overtime or I should be paid 4 hours. On a different subject, I thought they are using PDA actuals, the rural drivers were going out at 8am for a 1 o clock finish, 5 hours for a bread tray of mail?
Rurals sound easy at your office!!! Mine I can barely squeeze into one york level stacked and takes me between 5 and 7 hrs from leaving office to return including half my break!
dougfunny892
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by dougfunny892 »

Yeah must be at our office. Sorry to tar you with same brush. Watching them at their frames preening them like a birds nest. Then shooting off mega early with a bread tray of mail.
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by Murdoch »

number one wrote:
dougfunny892 wrote:Been a postie 16 years. Things are about to change. Just giving you the heads up.
In that case then you should know how things work
A lot of Posties are stuck in their ways.

Coming in early, cutting every corner possible to get home to watch bargain hunt or whatever it is they're in such a rush for. It's fairly clear to anybody that's been paying attention over the last couple years, that they're f***ing themselves (and others) over.

It's all being measured, the data is being collected, the software systems are in place, it's becoming increasingly difficult for managers to turn a blind eye, as pressure is mounting from above.

I really struggle with the argument that none of those systems will ever be used against you? What purpose do you think they serve?
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by crimson king »

This thread is like a microcosm of our DO...posties bickering amongst themselves about what is fair and what isn't. The ones with piss easy duties finish early and snaffle up the creamy docket, the ones with heavy duties go over every day just to finish.

And resentment builds .

Posties snipe amongst each other and behind each other's backs.

And nothing ever changes.

It's fair if you get the 'deals' and unfair if you don't. Me, personally, I just come in on time, do the job properly and go home on time. I gave up worrying about what any other f****r is doing or earning a long time ago. Doesn't bother me anymore.

You can't change it, so why waste time stressing about it? Shrug your shoulders, think fair play to them and have a happy, relaxed day.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by Bahia Feliz »

crimson king wrote:Me, personally, I just come in on time, do the job properly and go home on time
Do you ever cut off or is your delivery just right?
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by crimson king »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
crimson king wrote:Me, personally, I just come in on time, do the job properly and go home on time
Do you ever cut off or is your delivery just right?
I cut off/negotiate leaving stuff and go through the usual bickering and cutting off blues when I need to, yes.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Overtime confusion

Post by Navalron »

number one wrote:
dougfunny892 wrote:Efficiency doesn't come into it you have shown you have time in your duty. Cant argue with more lapse the PDA actuals will show it.
Won’t happen, I’m certainly not scared of PDA actuals. I can finish before 12 most days I would have to do another full round to actually take me up to my finish time and that’s certainly not going to happen. I’ll do it for overtime though
No wonder the jobs f****d, with attitudes like this. :arrrghhh . PDAs will catch you or they will stop all overtime for regular posties, full and part time and use anguard casuals to come in and mop up everything that's left and they won't give a toss it their out until 8pm as most will be on £8:21 per hour with no other allowances/supplements. :cuppa
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by number one »

Navalron wrote:
number one wrote:
dougfunny892 wrote:Efficiency doesn't come into it you have shown you have time in your duty. Cant argue with more lapse the PDA actuals will show it.
Won’t happen, I’m certainly not scared of PDA actuals. I can finish before 12 most days I would have to do another full round to actually take me up to my finish time and that’s certainly not going to happen. I’ll do it for overtime though
No wonder the jobs f****d, with attitudes like this. :arrrghhh . PDAs will catch you or they will stop all overtime for regular posties, full and part time and use anguard casuals to come in and mop up everything that's left and they won't give a toss it their out until 8pm as most will be on £8:21 per hour with no other allowances/supplements. :cuppa
You see that is just fantasy. It wouldn’t happen as the CWU would stop it