ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Managers bonus lol

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
donein
Posts: 136
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 10:53
Location: north devon

Managers bonus lol

Post by donein »

hubbahubba wrote:I think a lot of people aren't seeing the bigger picture here.
If this is how they treat their own,what do you really think is coming next?
I'll tell you what,an attack on our t's and c's.
And to those who say things can't get any worse I say this,you ain't seen nothing...


:Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause well said bud but i would use word doomed doomed i say
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Managers bonus lol

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

paperboys-lol wrote:All laughing lol.

£1000 > £200, see how that works muppets.

Hope you all ready and looking forward to whats coming your way ;)
If this is from a manager I despair.

1. It, self confirms the B&H culture.
2. It shows a personal management style.
3. It shows poor communication skills.
4. It shows a poor understanding of grammatical structure.

If it's from a postie.

1. It's a poor trolling attempt.
2. But it shows how no-one is really shocked by such behaviour from a supposed manager.
3 and 4 still apply. :Very Happy

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Managers bonus lol

Post by wacko74 »

I'm just amazed that sickness figures can feature in any aspect of a managers bonus incentives.

As has been said many times before, managers are in no way medically qualified so are in no position to influence sickness figures one way or the other... and yet here we have RM actively incentivising them to do just that.

The only way they could influence sickness figures is by pressuring and harassing employees to reduce sickness levels and RM are actively encouraging them to do this.

You'd think there would be some kind of employment law or regulation meaning that such overt practice is illegal.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Managers bonus lol

Post by Brandy »

wacko74 wrote:I'm just amazed that sickness figures can feature in any aspect of a managers bonus incentives.

As has been said many times before, managers are in no way medically qualified so are in no position to influence sickness figures one way or the other... and yet here we have RM actively incentivising them to do just that.

The only way they could influence sickness figures is by pressuring and harassing employees to reduce sickness levels and RM are actively encouraging them to do this.

You'd think there would be some kind of employment law or regulation meaning that such overt practice is illegal.
Totally agree,I can remember being told by management that they could overule a doctors sick note,when I mentioned this to my doctor they were absolutely livid and just couldnt believe what they were hearing. RM and their managers are a disgrace.
Rmgpotato
Posts: 1
Joined: 07 Jun 2019, 16:14
Gender: Male

Managers bonus lol

Post by Rmgpotato »

What about the managers that are actual decent and work hard, might be in the minority but there are some out there. Not really fair to blanket every manager under the same bully brush and disgrace brush when not ALL are like that.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Managers bonus lol

Post by rubberbond »

worktotime wrote:thanks for all your hard work hahaha , and what will there union unite do ? NOTHING as usual but to be honest who cares, we don't get a bonus for all our hard work so why should they .
What do you expect them to do? Go on strike and then see what they really do and how many of them we can do without, in fact the business would probably succeed! They're not that stupid , are they?
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Managers bonus lol

Post by scoobydo79 »

I’m glad I work where I do.To be fair our managers and DOM are pretty good.One of the Lino’s busts a gut in our place. Tries to do everything and keep every one happy.He deserves a bonus.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Managers bonus lol

Post by daveyeff »

me heart bleeds for them.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3730
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Managers bonus lol

Post by yellowbelly »

norris9 wrote:........
Are there not bonus payments to Posties?

......
Wait until Xmas when it's dark, raining, snowing, maxed out with cards, packets and parcels like you've never seen
and RM shower us with their benevolence of 2 x 100 quid 'bonuses' - pro rata mind.......
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Managers bonus lol

Post by robbertwhitton »

scoobydo79 wrote:I’m glad I work where I do.To be fair our managers and DOM are pretty good.One of the Lino’s busts a gut in our place. Tries to do everything and keep every one happy.He deserves a bonus.
It’s nice to hear that but I would guess if he’s really like that his days are numbered,I’m puzzled as to how different offices can be managed,by managers with the same constraints on budgets,lapsing loaning etc,I wish our boss would grow a pair and fights our corner on issues,but sadly he doesn’t or can’t for fear of a backlash from above,be nice if they just admit to what bonus they get rather than denying they get anything at all which is often the case,
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Managers bonus lol

Post by wacko74 »

scoobydo79 wrote:I’m glad I work where I do.To be fair our managers and DOM are pretty good.One of the Lino’s busts a gut in our place. Tries to do everything and keep every one happy.He deserves a bonus.
I've had a few managers like that in the past... one way or another they never last very long as they don't actually fit the RM model of a ''decent'' manager.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Managers bonus lol

Post by Navalron »

Maybe there won't be many offices passing as much tomorrow as the doms/linos throw the towel in. To be honest but their coming for the delivery supplement and shift allowance. Rick back built GLS on the back of low paid zero hour, self employed staff. That's EXACTLY what he wants at RM. Greedy bastard. :no no :no no
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Managers bonus lol

Post by Sir Henry »

Rmgpotato wrote:What about the managers that are actual decent and work hard, might be in the minority but there are some out there. Not really fair to blanket every manager under the same bully brush and disgrace brush when not ALL are like that.
They all piss in the same pot. If they're not bent they know who is and do nowt.

SILIENCE IS CONSENT.

So f**k 'em.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Managers bonus lol

Post by scoobydo79 »

wacko74 wrote:
scoobydo79 wrote:I’m glad I work where I do.To be fair our managers and DOM are pretty good.One of the Lino’s busts a gut in our place. Tries to do everything and keep every one happy.He deserves a bonus.
I've had a few managers like that in the past... one way or another they never last very long as they don't actually fit the RM model of a ''decent'' manager.
Strangely good decent managers in My office seem to get good results.The worst thing a new Lino or DOM can do in our place is to beat His hands on His chest and tell us how He will sort us all out.Its like a red rag to a bull to most of us.Ask nicely,treat us with respect,help us when we need it and we will be the same.Rant, wag Your finger play silly sods and it seems to bite the bosses on the ass lol
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Managers bonus lol

Post by number one »

paperboys-lol wrote:All laughing lol.

£1000 > £200, see how that works muppets.

Hope you all ready and looking forward to whats coming your way ;)
Hahahahahha.... someone upset? Don’t tell me you’ve already spent it before being told you’ll get zero? You sound like a U rating