97gaz wrote: The last deal did it for me. 89.1 for change and we got a mythical 35 hour week. What a load of bollocks. All I read on here is post after post about being pressured, unpaid overtime, bullied, misled, undervalued. And we got a maybe 35 hour week that we have to squeeze 39 hrs work into.
I may decide to rejoin if there a change at the extremely well paid top tier but not with the shower we have now.
As for the leeching comment. For 40 years I was the union.
I think going by the forum isnt a great measurement of how much bullying etc there is, people tend to come to the forum to get help so the amount of negative posts is always going to far outweigh the positive. Its also a very small relative number of posts in such a big employer. This is not to say there arent problems of course.
Also, how many times are people complaining on here and havent indicated that theyve seen their rep? I think a lot of times reps arent being utilised, when a good rep would be able to sort out the majority of problems on these boards.
The same with your 39hr work in 35 hr comment, this isnt happening at my office, yes we have a good rep, if we go over we get paid, we can follow cut off procedure without intimidation. Are there bad reps who are ignoring this stuff ? Absolutely. Are the silent majority being covered for the most part ? Probably, maybe even likely. Without a union would this forum see even more posts daily about bullying etc? Definitley.