ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Got told off for knocking a customers door today
-
Soulazydll
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
I'm always being accused of knocking too loudly. Don't care, I make sure everyone hears me first time everytime.
It's great when customer is other side of the door haha and chavs never answer because they think it's the police.
It's great when customer is other side of the door haha and chavs never answer because they think it's the police.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
Must admit area I work I use the very loud knock method and the amount of Times I get told they thought it was the police knocking
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
" 'king hell. You've got a knock like a copper!"
So it's universal, I thought it was just the colourful area I deliver in.
So it's universal, I thought it was just the colourful area I deliver in.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
Postmangit
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 07 Nov 2014, 11:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
I always say to them when I've been knocking & ringing for what seems like ages when they do answer, " have you got a long hallway? Why they ask? Coz you took your time getting here. 
-
Postmangit
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 07 Nov 2014, 11:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
How many times too do you knock on a door & the next door neighbour opens their door first?
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
I once got told off for ringing a door bell to loudly! 
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
Got told off for NOT knocking a customers door today. I had, dizzy bint wouldn't have it as her dog hadn't barked. Get out of bed at a decent time and don't rely on your flea bitten psycho mutt then.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
leeroy5312
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 11 Feb 2010, 13:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
i actually had a formal complaint for knocking on a door because the customer had a new born baby. First of all how am i meant to know that? and second of all yo ordered the thing. so the next time i went i tickled the door, cant be getting a second complaint can i 
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today
i got told i knocked like the police the other day the grin on his face disappeared when i told him i used to work as a bailiff 
-
Joe B
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 01 Dec 2017, 14:03
- Gender: Male
Got told off for knocking a customers door today
Had a customer have a go today because I knocked and didn't ring the doorbell, just curious, are we under any obligation to ring doorbells? Cheers
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Got told off for knocking a customers door today
Once someone had a go at me because I made his wife jump when I put their mail through the letterbox! 
-
Sledge4211
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
- Gender: Male
Got told off for knocking a customers door today
There’s no obligation at all. As long as you made an attempt whether it’s knocking at the door or ringing, doesn’t matter. Some customers so arsey about what is right for them...Joe B wrote:Had a customer have a go today because I knocked and didn't ring the doorbell, just curious, are we under any obligation to ring doorbells? Cheers
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Got told off for knocking a customers door today
Brandy wrote:Once someone had a go at me because I made his wife jump when I put their mail through the letterbox!
-
barcajr
- Posts: 168
- Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 01:04
- Gender: Male
Got told off for knocking a customers door today
Once got a complaint for knocking on her door because it woke her baby up
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Got told off for knocking a customers door today
I was complimented by a resident for knocking on their door at approximately 10:00am on a Saturday morning when they had a wicked hangover. And I had nothing to deliver to them at all.
The reason they were mighty pleased was because I informed them that they left their front door keys in the lock. I knocked, they answered with bleary, blood-shot eyes and a disheveled appearance, and I politely said that they forgot to remove the house keys from the door.
"Oh thank you, postie! How embarrassing. I got home late from a nightclub last night and I was so drunk that I must've forgot to take the keys from the lock after I let myself in."
I'm sure some of you have been kind enough to do this, too. It's a nice feeling to let residents know that their keys are visible from the street, waiting to be snatched by some deceitful character.
The reason they were mighty pleased was because I informed them that they left their front door keys in the lock. I knocked, they answered with bleary, blood-shot eyes and a disheveled appearance, and I politely said that they forgot to remove the house keys from the door.
"Oh thank you, postie! How embarrassing. I got home late from a nightclub last night and I was so drunk that I must've forgot to take the keys from the lock after I let myself in."
I'm sure some of you have been kind enough to do this, too. It's a nice feeling to let residents know that their keys are visible from the street, waiting to be snatched by some deceitful character.