ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Soulazydll
Posts: 34
Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 11:28
Gender: Male

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by Soulazydll »

I'm always being accused of knocking too loudly. Don't care, I make sure everyone hears me first time everytime.
It's great when customer is other side of the door haha and chavs never answer because they think it's the police.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by terry2972 »

Must admit area I work I use the very loud knock method and the amount of Times I get told they thought it was the police knocking
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by Sir Henry »

" 'king hell. You've got a knock like a copper!"

So it's universal, I thought it was just the colourful area I deliver in.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
Postmangit
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 85
Joined: 07 Nov 2014, 11:30
Gender: Male

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by Postmangit »

I always say to them when I've been knocking & ringing for what seems like ages when they do answer, " have you got a long hallway? Why they ask? Coz you took your time getting here. :Very Happy
Postmangit
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 85
Joined: 07 Nov 2014, 11:30
Gender: Male

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by Postmangit »

How many times too do you knock on a door & the next door neighbour opens their door first?
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by greengiant »

I once got told off for ringing a door bell to loudly! :hmmmm
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by Sir Henry »

Got told off for NOT knocking a customers door today. I had, dizzy bint wouldn't have it as her dog hadn't barked. Get out of bed at a decent time and don't rely on your flea bitten psycho mutt then.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
leeroy5312
Posts: 81
Joined: 11 Feb 2010, 13:03
Gender: Male

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by leeroy5312 »

i actually had a formal complaint for knocking on a door because the customer had a new born baby. First of all how am i meant to know that? and second of all yo ordered the thing. so the next time i went i tickled the door, cant be getting a second complaint can i :nana
kirstyx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 147
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
Gender: Female

Re: Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by kirstyx »

i got told i knocked like the police the other day the grin on his face disappeared when i told him i used to work as a bailiff :Very Happy
Joe B
Posts: 35
Joined: 01 Dec 2017, 14:03
Gender: Male

Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by Joe B »

Had a customer have a go today because I knocked and didn't ring the doorbell, just curious, are we under any obligation to ring doorbells? Cheers
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by Brandy »

Once someone had a go at me because I made his wife jump when I put their mail through the letterbox! :roll:
Sledge4211
Posts: 68
Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
Gender: Male

Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by Sledge4211 »

Joe B wrote:Had a customer have a go today because I knocked and didn't ring the doorbell, just curious, are we under any obligation to ring doorbells? Cheers
There’s no obligation at all. As long as you made an attempt whether it’s knocking at the door or ringing, doesn’t matter. Some customers so arsey about what is right for them...
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by aiden01 »

:chuckle :chuckle
Brandy wrote:Once someone had a go at me because I made his wife jump when I put their mail through the letterbox! :roll:
barcajr
Posts: 168
Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 01:04
Gender: Male

Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by barcajr »

Once got a complaint for knocking on her door because it woke her baby up
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

Got told off for knocking a customers door today

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

I was complimented by a resident for knocking on their door at approximately 10:00am on a Saturday morning when they had a wicked hangover. And I had nothing to deliver to them at all.

The reason they were mighty pleased was because I informed them that they left their front door keys in the lock. I knocked, they answered with bleary, blood-shot eyes and a disheveled appearance, and I politely said that they forgot to remove the house keys from the door.

"Oh thank you, postie! How embarrassing. I got home late from a nightclub last night and I was so drunk that I must've forgot to take the keys from the lock after I let myself in."

I'm sure some of you have been kind enough to do this, too. It's a nice feeling to let residents know that their keys are visible from the street, waiting to be snatched by some deceitful character.