ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by tommyrep »

robbertwhitton wrote:
tommyrep wrote:
UnhappyPostie wrote:Also he let's on of the posties who always stinks of weed to drive a van. Can I report this but with out getting the person in trouble because he's a nice lad and don't wanna cause him hassle.
Tread carefully on that one!
Does the managers not have a nose ?
Well if he’s like our boss,he hasn’t a spine,so I’m guessing he hasn’t a nose either!??
Lol!
I always thought reptiles like snakes had a very strong sense of smell!
Most DOMs are reptiles, aren’t they.
Jamiechelt
Posts: 74
Joined: 16 Feb 2018, 19:35
Gender: Male

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by Jamiechelt »

Pretty much all the management are scum
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by Lincox »

I find it amazing that members of the CWU heirarchy, who I know regularly use this site, continue to ignore these continuous attacks on the members of staff who ultimately keep them in a job. They are either too lazy or disinterested to carry out the job of protecting their members, a job they are paid handsomely for, or there are alternative motives which the members are unaware of. I think I can guess which is the more likely.
Protectus
Posts: 2
Joined: 13 Mar 2019, 19:05
Gender: Female

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by Protectus »

When we filled out our survey, the Dom had most people one by one, in his office filling them out while he was either sat opposite them or he was standing over them. They don’t like it when you take the survey home and fill it out then send it in the post yourself.
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

Protectus wrote:They don’t like it when you take the survey home and fill it out then send it in the post yourself.
I did exactly that, Protectus. Took it home and filled it out, then sent it off myself. :cool Of course, I made a copy of it for my own records. You're right that the managers don't feel comfortable if we want to do the survey in our own time. They wanted us employees to sit in a room and complete it in fifteen minutes before we headed out to our walks in the morning.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Bullying and how I'm going to deal with it.

Post by crimson king »

Lincox wrote:I find it amazing that members of the CWU heirarchy, who I know regularly use this site, continue to ignore these continuous attacks on the members of staff who ultimately keep them in a job. They are either too lazy or disinterested to carry out the job of protecting their members, a job they are paid handsomely for, or there are alternative motives which the members are unaware of. I think I can guess which is the more likely.
:Applause

Excellent post.

Locally, in my DO and area, both reps are awesome, but it does make you wonder what's happening higher up at national level.

Every week we're seeing DOs walking out at local level and managers being shuffled.

Every week.

Culture change was supposedly a part of the Four Pillars wasn't it? So, why aren't Dave 'n' Terry all over this?

Local reps aren't paid but, in my experience, are passionate and are working men who care about their co-workers as if they are brothers. Perhaps this passion dilutes once you get paid, pull on a suit and attend paid for lunches.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.