ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What song do you sing at work?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Gangham_style14
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
Gender: Male

What song do you sing at work?

Post by Gangham_style14 »

Was driving to work Recently and AC/DC Highway to hell started playing as I took the turning to the office.
DGH
Posts: 710
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
Gender: Male
Location: Neither here nor there

What song do you sing at work?

Post by DGH »

Holiday in Cambodia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KTsXHXMkJA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
deristrong
Posts: 195
Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
Gender: Male

What song do you sing at work?

Post by deristrong »

All I have to do is stream.
yubin282
Posts: 994
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

What song do you sing at work?

Post by yubin282 »

lapsing (dancing) with tears in my eyes - ultravox
Bernardson
Posts: 320
Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22

What song do you sing at work?

Post by Bernardson »

Union Maid Chorus

Oh, you can't scare me, I'm sticking to the union,
I'm sticking to the union, I'm sticking to the union.
Oh, you can't scare me, I'm sticking to the union,
I'm sticking to the union 'til the day I die.

Woody Guthrie
suejet
Posts: 1
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 21:42
Gender: Female

What song do you sing at work?

Post by suejet »

Today is my last day at my job before I start at RM

Every day on way in I play "Comfortably Numb"

:wave
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

What song do you sing at work?

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

Over the last couple of days I've had a lovely earworm I can't get rid of. It's Al Stewart's "On the Border."

Let me share it with y'all. :nana

Warriorpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 118
Joined: 23 Jan 2018, 17:01
Gender: Male

What song do you sing at work?

Post by Warriorpostie »

Absolute c*** of a day.... by Kevin bloody Wilson
Warriorpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 118
Joined: 23 Jan 2018, 17:01
Gender: Male

What song do you sing at work?

Post by Warriorpostie »

Absolute c*** of a day.... by Kevin bloody Wilson
danterossetti
Posts: 136
Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
Gender: Male

What song do you sing at work?

Post by danterossetti »

What a swell party this is.
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

What song do you sing at work?

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

suejet wrote:Today is my last day at my job before I start at RM

Every day on way in I play "Comfortably Numb"

:wave
Oh yeah, gotta have some Floyd to cheer us up. :wink:

Trust me when I tell you that it blew my socks off watching them perform this song in Vancouver back in '94.

PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

What song do you sing at work?

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

"No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century
That human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space
No one could have dreamed that we were being scrutinized
As someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water
Few men even considered the possibility of life on other planets
And yet, across the gulf of space
Minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this Earth with envious eyes
And slowly and surely
They drew their plans against us..."


PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

Re: What song do you sing at work?

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

I've been really enjoying this song played on the radio at work lately. It's "Hey Brother" from Avicii's 2013 album True, and was written by Avicii (1989-2018), as well as a number of other artists. The singer is bluegrass musician Dan Tyminski.

RICARD020191962
Posts: 100
Joined: 06 Sep 2019, 13:40
Gender: Male

Re: What song do you sing at work?

Post by RICARD020191962 »

"Why you always in a mood" is flying high in the charts at the moment and reminds me of most of my colleagues when our 2nd feed arrives at 7.45am and the lorry is crammed with yorks full of lovely tracked packets YET AGAIN! Then the DOM waits until the sorting is complete before shouting out "LAPSING TODAY, ANYONE WHO HAS AN ISSUE COME AND SEE ME" That's why we're always in a feckin MOOD !
DM66
Posts: 36
Joined: 23 Jul 2012, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: What song do you sing at work?

Post by DM66 »

I love Depeche Mode but the fact I’ve Humber the blues riff to “ I Feel You” every day since I can’t remember when on my round is now doing my head in! I guess it must be a stress thing? 🙄😂