ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

So I like a girl...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
hero22
Posts: 595
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

So I like a girl...

Post by hero22 »

barcajr wrote:You sound like a stalker
Lol my wife says the same. If u want a stalker u need to spend the day with my van partner !
Glampostie
Posts: 3
Joined: 08 Oct 2018, 20:12
Gender: Female

So I like a girl...

Post by Glampostie »

S*%t I’m a woman and in no way would feel threaten by someone asking me out, regardless of time and place etc ❄️ Snowflake generation, always something to moan about! And I’m only 30!
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

So I like a girl...

Post by Woody Guthrie »

I can kind of understand where & is coming from but I think it's one of those situations we all hate where you have to read the signs.
If I was going to ask anyone out on their own doorstep the signs would have to be pretty blatant.
Only dead fish follow the current
Glampostie
Posts: 3
Joined: 08 Oct 2018, 20:12
Gender: Female

So I like a girl...

Post by Glampostie »

Yeah I get that, but there is nothing wrong with man or woman asking someone out for a drink/date, it’s then up to that person if they wish too or not, and if they do happy days if not then the person asking should respect that! I dunno Maybe My views are wrong but that’s what I believe, now days there’s always a problem and lots of people need to relax a little and enjoy life, after all you only get one!
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

So I like a girl...

Post by Ren Hoëk »

I think you are asking for trouble by doing something like this. People do have a right to privacy and someones home is not a neutral environment. It could be seen as creepy. You could make this person feel incredibly uncomfortable. Another poster has already said you have access to their private correspondence. There is already a power in-balance with your relationship. Not to mention you have gained private information about where they live and used it for personal ends. Genuinely a sackable offence.

Now, We don't know the exact relationship you have with this person so maybe the signs were pretty solid for an advance but if they weren't i wouldn't have done what you did. After all, how long have you spent with this person whilst on delivery to garner enough info? I certainly wouldn't have the time.
Last edited by Ren Hoëk on 14 Feb 2019, 05:33, edited 1 time in total.
hero22
Posts: 595
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

So I like a girl...

Post by hero22 »

Glampostie wrote:S*%t I’m a woman and in no way would feel threaten by someone asking me out, regardless of time and place etc ❄️ Snowflake generation, always something to moan about! And I’m only 30!
:Applause
misstmac
Posts: 86
Joined: 10 Jan 2019, 09:40
Gender: Female

So I like a girl...

Post by misstmac »

I’ve had something similar happen to me (a regular courier driver).I can honestly say the last thing I felt was unsafe. And before the pc brigade chime in with things like you don’t know if the woman in question may have had some bad history etc, of course you don’t. But that’s the same scenario as chatting to someone in a bar/gym/supermarket!

In my opinion as long as you are respectful in your approach and can take it on the chin if the answer comes back as no then crack on!

Imagine if no one ever took a chance on a girl/boy they liked. The world would be a much lonelier place.
gimba
Posts: 192
Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 21:12
Gender: Male

So I like a girl...

Post by gimba »

The original poster hasnt posted since 5th January
He's gone, move on /close thread
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

So I like a girl...

Post by aiden01 »

gimba wrote:The original poster hasnt posted since 5th January
He's gone, move on /close thread
But lots of new posters are having there say why should it be closed. Are you a moderator on this site??
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

So I like a girl...

Post by aiden01 »

:neutral:
gimba wrote:The original poster hasnt posted since 5th January
He's gone, move on /close thread
If you dont like it juat ignore it.
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3226
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

So I like a girl...

Post by Acca Dacca »

misstmac wrote:I’ve had something similar happen to me (a regular courier driver).I can honestly say the last thing I felt was unsafe. And before the pc brigade chime in with things like you don’t know if the woman in question may have had some bad history etc, of course you don’t. But that’s the same scenario as chatting to someone in a bar/gym/supermarket!

In my opinion as long as you are respectful in your approach and can take it on the chin if the answer comes back as no then crack on!

Imagine if no one ever took a chance on a girl/boy they liked. The world would be a much lonelier place.
With all due respect, that is in no way comparable

He is the woman's postman. He is at her door every day. He handles her private mail and will be chapping her door to give her parcels face to face.

Thats not the same as saying no to someone in a bar yer likely to never see again.

Ive never had the luxury of turning down someone interested in me and had to bump into them time and time again after the knockback but I cant imagine it'd be anything other than pretty awkward if nothing else.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

So I like a girl...

Post by Murdoch »

My original advice to the OP was to not ask the woman out using a p739.

Not only because it's kinda lame, but also because the world is now full of perpetually offended snowflakes, eager and waiting to post their next "outrage" on social media.

Too much potential for that to come back and bite him on the ass...
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

So I like a girl...

Post by arnold cheshire »

If only life was sweet
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

So I like a girl...

Post by aiden01 »

arnold cheshire wrote:If only life was sweet
Life is what you make of it mate. plenty of help out there if you need it good luck.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

So I like a girl...

Post by arnold cheshire »

I was going to start a thread about the couples In RM that is on rmtv . This is doing nothing for mental health issues . Do they like rubbing it that the other postie likes someone else?