ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Chinese packets
-
gunho
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
Simple question. Do you bother to scan the barcode
-
The Postman
- Posts: 267
- Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
On the ones I know will scan yes, however I know of people who don’t scan any and nothings ever said. Don’t forget some of them are signed for and there’s no way of knowing until you’ve scanned it though. I had a signed for with a value of 21p once. Ridiculous.gunho wrote:Simple question. Do you bother to scan the barcode
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
Some say untracked under the code , you scan them and they come up as sign for.
-
MrBrinks89
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 17 May 2018, 18:45
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
I was wondering this. I scan anyway just in case. Plus as mentioned above some can randomly require a signature.
The thing I don't understand is... why doesn't the pda let you deliver foreign parcels to neighbours? Not just signed for. Any. Even the worthless little Chinese packets!
The thing I don't understand is... why doesn't the pda let you deliver foreign parcels to neighbours? Not just signed for. Any. Even the worthless little Chinese packets!
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
I was told RM only get paid for them if they are scanned,how much I don,t know, It can,t be much because whats in them usually only costs 99p 
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3291
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
these packets are discounted as they are classed as coming from 3rd world countries
its an absolute racket as rm only paid pennies to deliver
ask how much it costs us to send packet to china
rm should return every one as insufficient postage as they do with xmas cards etc here
its an absolute racket as rm only paid pennies to deliver
ask how much it costs us to send packet to china
rm should return every one as insufficient postage as they do with xmas cards etc here
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
One of my customers had a good one the other day. I said, "I'm getting sick of delivering these bloody Little Parcels from China". He said "Yeah their definately JUNK Mail" 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
I’m lucky if I can find the address on them let alone scanning one of the many barcodes they have!
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
I had one the other day. Looked at the description and it said toothbrush. Are people that lazy that they can't be bothered to go to a B&M and get 6 for a £1 
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Chinese packets
My best one was a menstrual cup 
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3357
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
I've noticed on eBay when you search by 'UK only' a lot of the results show a vague location at the top of the page ('London, UK'. Or even just 'UK'). If you look all the way at the bottom it almost always list a business address in Shenzhen. So I could imagine more than a few people just see the free postage offer without realising the item is in China and will take a month by sea to arrive.
The machine stops.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
I never understand posties that moan about people buying items off the internet. Why would:CPTNemoUK wrote:I had one the other day. Looked at the description and it said toothbrush. Are people that lazy that they can't be bothered to go to a B&M and get 6 for a £1
A) a person move for a toothbrush if they don’t have to; and
B) not buy one that exactly matches what they want (eg nice pink one with daughters name on) and instead move and travel to get whatever one happens to be stocked in a store?
I buy all sorts off the net and don’t feel one shred of “guilt” towards the postie AT ALL.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Chinese packets
Probably second hand one must have half a billion of those things over there!glenfiddich wrote:My best one was a menstrual cup
-
abuch1980
- Posts: 226
- Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 12:30
- Gender: Male
Chinese packets
Obviously you've never heard of your carbon footprint.LaggyBand wrote:I never understand posties that moan about people buying items off the internet. Why would:CPTNemoUK wrote:I had one the other day. Looked at the description and it said toothbrush. Are people that lazy that they can't be bothered to go to a B&M and get 6 for a £1
A) a person move for a toothbrush if they don’t have to; and
B) not buy one that exactly matches what they want (eg nice pink one with daughters name on) and instead move and travel to get whatever one happens to be stocked in a store?
I buy all sorts off the net and don’t feel one shred of “guilt” towards the postie AT ALL.
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Chinese packets
glenfiddich wrote:My best one was a menstrual cup
Bloody hell.