ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Chinese packets

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gunho
Posts: 59
Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by gunho »

Simple question. Do you bother to scan the barcode
The Postman
Posts: 267
Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by The Postman »

gunho wrote:Simple question. Do you bother to scan the barcode
On the ones I know will scan yes, however I know of people who don’t scan any and nothings ever said. Don’t forget some of them are signed for and there’s no way of knowing until you’ve scanned it though. I had a signed for with a value of 21p once. Ridiculous.
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by noggin1969 »

Some say untracked under the code , you scan them and they come up as sign for.
MrBrinks89
Posts: 24
Joined: 17 May 2018, 18:45
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by MrBrinks89 »

I was wondering this. I scan anyway just in case. Plus as mentioned above some can randomly require a signature.

The thing I don't understand is... why doesn't the pda let you deliver foreign parcels to neighbours? Not just signed for. Any. Even the worthless little Chinese packets!
30+YEARMAN
Posts: 253
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by 30+YEARMAN »

I was told RM only get paid for them if they are scanned,how much I don,t know, It can,t be much because whats in them usually only costs 99p :roll:
hans solo
Posts: 3291
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by hans solo »

these packets are discounted as they are classed as coming from 3rd world countries
its an absolute racket as rm only paid pennies to deliver
ask how much it costs us to send packet to china
rm should return every one as insufficient postage as they do with xmas cards etc here
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by Dorset Plodder »

One of my customers had a good one the other day. I said, "I'm getting sick of delivering these bloody Little Parcels from China". He said "Yeah their definately JUNK Mail" :dance
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by Jpro747 »

I’m lucky if I can find the address on them let alone scanning one of the many barcodes they have!
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by CPTNemoUK »

I had one the other day. Looked at the description and it said toothbrush. Are people that lazy that they can't be bothered to go to a B&M and get 6 for a £1 :arrrghhh
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Chinese packets

Post by glenfiddich »

My best one was a menstrual cup :thumbdown
Mr Rush
Posts: 3357
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by Mr Rush »

I've noticed on eBay when you search by 'UK only' a lot of the results show a vague location at the top of the page ('London, UK'. Or even just 'UK'). If you look all the way at the bottom it almost always list a business address in Shenzhen. So I could imagine more than a few people just see the free postage offer without realising the item is in China and will take a month by sea to arrive.
The machine stops.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by LaggyBand »

CPTNemoUK wrote:I had one the other day. Looked at the description and it said toothbrush. Are people that lazy that they can't be bothered to go to a B&M and get 6 for a £1 :arrrghhh
I never understand posties that moan about people buying items off the internet. Why would:

A) a person move for a toothbrush if they don’t have to; and
B) not buy one that exactly matches what they want (eg nice pink one with daughters name on) and instead move and travel to get whatever one happens to be stocked in a store?

I buy all sorts off the net and don’t feel one shred of “guilt” towards the postie AT ALL.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Chinese packets

Post by k979aaa »

glenfiddich wrote:My best one was a menstrual cup :thumbdown
Probably second hand one must have half a billion of those things over there!
abuch1980
Posts: 226
Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 12:30
Gender: Male

Chinese packets

Post by abuch1980 »

LaggyBand wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:I had one the other day. Looked at the description and it said toothbrush. Are people that lazy that they can't be bothered to go to a B&M and get 6 for a £1 :arrrghhh
I never understand posties that moan about people buying items off the internet. Why would:

A) a person move for a toothbrush if they don’t have to; and
B) not buy one that exactly matches what they want (eg nice pink one with daughters name on) and instead move and travel to get whatever one happens to be stocked in a store?

I buy all sorts off the net and don’t feel one shred of “guilt” towards the postie AT ALL.
Obviously you've never heard of your carbon footprint.
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Chinese packets

Post by Shaders »

glenfiddich wrote:My best one was a menstrual cup :thumbdown




Bloody hell.